PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the PSE Baby "G"?

jeremiahjacobs
August 22nd, 2002, 11:35 PM
My brother was asking me about a bow he was thinking about buying. He found a PSE Baby "G" kit package with everything he would need to start shooting, plus 4 carbon arrows for $400 at Cabela's.

What do you guys think of this bow for the money? Would you recommend another bow in this price range? My brother hunts deer with me.

robk
August 23rd, 2002, 12:09 AM
unless your brother is a great shooter i would suggest he goes with another bow. the baby g is a very fast but critical bow to shoot. if it's his first then i would say no. go with the tbolt or something else in a pse bow if he likes them. i have been shooting pse for over 8 years and have tried the babyg and if your form and everything you do isn't right you could be in for some hard times. the g will rip the hide off your forearm and wrist for days so be care ful.
rob k

Tom C
August 23rd, 2002, 07:21 AM
About 4 yrs ago I goofed and bought a Baby G. Man...they broke the mold when they designed that bow in a different sort of way. I 've actually got a half dozen nocks I'm about to sell in the classifieds and I serriously think my add will read..."buy 6 nocks and get a PSE BABY G FREE" . All kidding aside, it would not be a bow I would reccomend. I've always shot longer bows all my life and fell prey to all the marketing hype on the shorter speed bows. Big mistake on my part.

Tom C

Daniel Boone
August 24th, 2002, 03:29 AM
You will regret it if you buy it. I shoot all the time and I couldnt shoot good group with that bow. No brace height at all.

Flyin6
August 25th, 2002, 12:42 AM
Without a doubt the WORST bow I have ever shot..... The forums rules prevents me from describing in the manor in which I used after shooting it. I can't believe that it still can be sold at any price...

aroshtr
August 26th, 2002, 12:57 AM
I agree with the previous posts as well. The bow has major design flaws that cause the bow to be very critical. First and formost it is not necessarly the short brace height of a bow that makes is unfogiving. In the case of the Baby G it is solely because of the HUGE reflex of the riser. The pivit point of the grip is about 2.5" behind the limb pocket piviots. This is why the bow is so hard to shoot. PSE took the easy road to build a fast bow by using existing limb and limb pocket configuration. A short brace height (i.e. Fast Bow) can be achieved by using a shorter limb, or making the limb pocket angle steeper. Thus resulting in a short brace height without the need of EXCESSIVE reflex in the riser. This is an easy decision, look for a more forgiving fast bow!

AroShtr

AZPRO
August 27th, 2002, 02:59 PM
I shot my first baby g back in 97, I had just had a shoulder operation and I need speed at a low wieght for a field shoot. I set my fathers up at 40# and practiced with it. I agree a little on the torquey side but I shot lights out with it. I still have two of the several 300 25+x count vegas round I shot with it, Bow shoots great, it's just not made for the weekend shooter. PSE Gave the people what they asked for and this was before the laid back limbs came out, the Matthews legacy, a good shooting bow has just as much reflex and still shoots very well.