PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hunt with Killer B

dlotto28
April 17th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Bought a killer b today. Put him out with a hen about 20 yards into a field and set the blind along the wood line. I had a gobbler come in to about 20 yards from me. The problem was I could just see his head through the brush. He stayed there for between two and three hours perfectly content and laying down. I tried three different calls, moving killer b's tail, mouth gobbling everyting I could think of. Finally another gobbler came along and they moved off after hanging out behind the brush for a while. Never had anything like that happen. Interesting.

Ohio-Buck
April 17th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Bought a killer b today. Put him out with a hen about 20 yards into a field and set the blind along the wood line. I had a gobbler come in to about 20 yards from me. The problem was I could just see his head through the brush. He stayed there for between two and three hours perfectly content and laying down. I tried three different calls, moving killer b's tail, mouth gobbling everyting I could think of. Finally another gobbler came along and they moved off after hanging out behind the brush for a while. Never had anything like that happen. Interesting.

i just got a Killer-B yeserday and went out today and had 3 hens come in so i really didn't have a chance to work it with a gobbler. It looks and sounds nice, i like the fan, the only thing i would change is as you pull the line and the fan goes back and when it goes back somehow it slowly folds up like it is going out of strut.

dlotto28
April 17th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I was noticing that too. That would help I think. Looks kinda strange with a full fan spread out when he is supposed to be out of strut. Really like the decoy. Sure is interesting so far.

Ohio-Buck
April 17th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I was noticing that too. That would help I think. Looks kinda strange with a full fan spread out when he is supposed to be out of strut. Really like the decoy. Sure is interesting so far.

Yes, If one comes in i will probaly only pull till 3/4 strut.
So I am kinda lost though, are you saying that the decoy helped on your hunt or it didn't do a thing?

dlotto28
April 17th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Well, I think it helped. Just a strange gobbler. He was perfectly comfortable with the decoys, calling, etc. Just didn't know why he wanted to hang out for so long rather than coming into the decoys or leaving all together. I think that it should work pretty good. Only tried it one afternoon so far.

Ohio-Buck
April 17th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Well, I think it helped. Just a strange gobbler. He was perfectly comfortable with the decoys, calling, etc. Just didn't know why he wanted to hang out for so long rather than coming into the decoys or leaving all together. I think that it should work pretty good. Only tried it one afternoon so far.

Okay.
I will be trying again tomorrow with him! :wink:

dlotto28
April 17th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Me too. It brought the gobbler within range. He was just hanging out on the wrong side of the brush. Everything is a little behind this year too. Maybe they aren't interested in fighting for hens yet. Who knows about those dang turkeys. :smile:

Ohio-Buck
April 17th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Me too. It brought the gobbler within range. He was just hanging out on the wrong side of the brush. Everything is a little behind this year too. Maybe they aren't interested in fighting for hens yet. Who knows about those dang turkeys. :smile:

Yes you never know what they are up to :):)