PDA

View Full Version : Rangefinders

bigdoglanyards
July 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
So, I am looking for a rangefinder. I have never owned one, don't want to spend a lot of money and want one that has the "arc" or archery mode. I have always had good luck with Bushnell scopes and binoculars so I am looking that direction for my 1st rangefinder. I am leaning twards the Chuck Adams Addition. What does everyone else use and how do you like it?

Thanks!

Doepopper
July 5th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I have a Nikon 440 (now replaced by the 550) it is wonderful. My friend has a Bushnell Arc , he and I both agree the Nikon is far superior over the Bushnell. It (Nikon) is much easier to use and you have a much better sight picture out of it. They are both very accurate but the Nikon is just easier to use and has a better price.

bigdoglanyards
July 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I have a Nikon 440 (now replaced by the 550) it is wonderful. My friend has a Bushnell Arc , he and I both agree the Nikon is far superior over the Bushnell. It (Nikon) is much easier to use and you have a much better sight picture out of it. They are both very accurate but the Nikon is just easier to use and has a better price.

Does this have any sort of angle compensation?

Lefty18
July 5th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Does this have any sort of angle compensation?

The angle compensation isn't necessary. It's not going to be but more than a couple yards difference.

xring1
July 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
The angle compensation isn't necessary. It's not going to be but more than a couple yards difference.

angle compensation is necessary if youre on a 10deg slope shooting at 65yds at a 5" dot with a bow that shoots 250fps!

try a nikon archers choice

wpb79
July 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Leupold RX-750 works great for me. It's all I will need for a long time. Has all the features, but for bowhunting, you won't need them.

Chasing_bone
July 6th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I recently bought the chuck adams and like them very much. You should check out the widgame innovations. I have not looked through them but they look nice from what I have seen of them. They are like $160. Its worth a try if you can get your hands on them to test them.

Doepopper
July 8th, 2010, 12:31 AM
No angle compensation, but I really can't tell that much differance in my rangefinder and my buddies Bushnell ( he has the compensation). My Nikon is much faster and a larger field of view. I can find my target ,range it, and send my arrow in the time it takes for him to find the target...:darkbeer:

deerslayer_ace
July 8th, 2010, 12:42 AM
I am a young hunter and i'm with Doepopper on this one. the nikon 550 is great. cheap too.

MIKEY CUSTOM-G
July 8th, 2010, 01:15 AM
i had a bushnell for years. One hunting trip I placed my carry on bag on the x-ray belt and that was the end of my rangefinder working...

i went out and bought a new Nikon 550 pro staff. It is awesome.....no arc stuff,,,but I never had a reason to really need that.

i recommend Nikon products.

fishmannyj
July 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
No problems with my Nikon 440! I wudnt trade straight up for an Archers Choice.

hunt4meat
July 14th, 2010, 02:26 PM
I have a Nikon with no angle comp. I do not know that I would know what to do with it any way. I think mine is the 550, but model # is slipping my mind as it is at the cabin right now.