PDA

View Full Version : Climbing sticks/ladders ect...

bigdoglanyards
July 9th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I am getting ready to add a few stands to my property. Up till now all of my stands are ladder stands. In at least one of my new locations I want to be over 20' so my old ladder stands will not work. I have picked up several "lock-on" type stands and am in need of climbing sticks or ladders... I was just wondering what everyone else uses. What type are you most comfortable with? (stick vs ladder)

whitewolf1
July 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I use a set of gorilla sticks or a set of rapid rails with my hang ons. If they are going to be perm or semi perm, the steel rapid rails would prolly be the route I went.

hunt4meat
July 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
on lock-ons, I use the cheapest version of commercially available climbing sticks I can find. I use cheap ones, becasue I can't afford too many Aluminum sticks, and they work just as well, they just weigh more.

doelicious
July 14th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Quick stix by big game tree stands are $60 at Sportsman's Guide. A friend of mine uses the old triangular tv antenna. I guess that is a little redneckish but it works good

swampboss
July 14th, 2010, 09:57 PM
If you are thinking about building your own. check these out.
The next few I build will be similar to these.
http://archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=819232

readytoshootsum
July 14th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I like ladder stands, I'm a fairly big guy and have a crippling fear of falling. I've got a Gorilla lock on and some Ameristep climbing sticks, I'm looking to sell if your interested and in NWA. 50 bucks for everything, the climbing sticks have never been used. The box is gone but the straps are still packaged and the ladder sticks are still zip tied together.

knighten
July 18th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I am going to build some.I am going to use aluminum 1inch square tubing & ratchet straps.I will post some pics. when i get them finished.If you guys have any ideas let me know.