PDA

View Full Version : QAD HD bolt for rest

Stainlessman
July 15th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I bought a QAD HD rest on here and the guy that I bought it from said he forgot to mail it with the rest. Long story short, I still don't have it. Can I use the bolt from my trophy taker drop away to attach the QAD to the riser. I know the thread is right but I wonder about the length of the bolt.

I am traveling a long way to get my bow set up tomorrow and I don't want to arrive and not be able to put on my new rest.:mad:

What can I use or where can I get another in the same day?

I appreciate the help and info.

fletched
July 16th, 2010, 01:35 AM
I bought a QAD HD rest on here and the guy that I bought it from said he forgot to mail it with the rest. Long story short, I still don't have it. Can I use the bolt from my trophy taker drop away to attach the QAD to the riser. I know the thread is right but I wonder about the length of the bolt.

I am traveling a long way to get my bow set up tomorrow and I don't want to arrive and not be able to put on my new rest.:mad:

What can I use or where can I get another in the same day?

I appreciate the help and info.

Just make sure that you have plenty of bolt in the riser. I like to use a bolt that is long enough to be flush with the riser on the shelf side. It keeps junk out of the hole and it is using all the threads in the riser which is stronger. A lot of rests comes with bolts that are too short anyways. If your bolt is 3/4 long measured from the end of the threads to the bottom of the head, it will not be long enough. Use one that is at least 1" long. A 1 1/4" is even better. You can buy them at most hardware stores. It is a 5/16 x 24 threads per inch. Also, use some grease or bow wax on the bolt threads when you install it. It will keep it from seizing up later on and will allow the bolt to get tighter.