PDA

View Full Version : Anybody play guitar?

mavmike72
July 18th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Just bought a Jackson JS-20 for my 12yr old daughter to learn to play on. She starts lessons tomorrow. Will see how long this lasts..........lol

mavmike72
July 19th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Nobody???????

deanzr2
July 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Been playing for 17 years. Not that good, play some at church and for hobby when I can't shoot or hunt.

callou2131
July 25th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Just starting to pick it back up after a 10 year hiatus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgLdA_zD50g

^just screwing around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p32UDzqxmUM&feature=related

^american witch by Rob Zombie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQYHHCUWvOQ&feature=related

^enter sandman

mavmike72
July 30th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Just starting to pick it back up after a 10 year hiatus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgLdA_zD50g

^just screwing around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p32UDzqxmUM&feature=related

^american witch by Rob Zombie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQYHHCUWvOQ&feature=related

^enter sandman

Nice playing.

camoman73
July 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
play guitar here started when i was 15 im 37 now,and dont play as much as i used to. Its like riding a boke it all comes back to you.
I wont grow up i still play mean loud metal....

Scattergun2570
July 31st, 2010, 12:34 AM
Yes,,acoustic player here.

diamondGhunter
July 31st, 2010, 04:02 AM
Started pickin when I was 14 and haven't quit yet. Been all around this world toting a guitar. Served in the Marine Corps and played for the USO in Japan. Toured from Tallahassee, Florida to Elko, Nevada. Opened for Highway 101, Sammy Kershaw, Rodney Atkins, and Craig Morgan. Love pickin and singing. Slowed down in recent years so I can get more time in my tree stand. Still playing locally at home with some great musicians.

Word of advice for your little girl: Play through the pain for the first few months. The pain will stop and the fingers will get tough. It's all about the music after that.

kdsberman
August 7th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Been playing for 14 years

CB160
August 7th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Get her a few lessons for the basics and see if she really wants to follow thru on it.
Music is a great thing for the mind and the soul, something you can keep forever, if you choose. And a great way to make easy money if you have any talent too :)

MattimusPrime
August 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I've been playing Bass guitar for about 6 years now - self taught. It's a great idea to go to a proper teacher - you can really improve at a faster rate that way. I play around 5 hours a week, give or take. Just stared archery earlier this year, so now I have two awesome hobbies!

Robert43
August 14th, 2010, 08:11 AM
My son plays guitar I used to play bass still have all of the gear & we also have keyboards & drums as well

dwp9mm
August 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I have a Gibson Slash Les Paul Standard and a PRS CE24 in Matteo Blue.

Hilary Bullock
August 16th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Yes... correct information...

sammerany
August 16th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Yes, i have been playing guitar for the last 3 moths but still i am not perfect to play it. I need some more practice to make my self perfect one. I like to play the song welcome to the hotel california by eagles on the guitar i am trying to make my self better.

hillbillyfrench
August 18th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I'm a bass player, or at least I've been faking it on stage for the last 27 years.

rar15usa1
August 18th, 2010, 10:47 PM
25 years

PhilC
August 24th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I'm actually dumb enough to have a bachelors degree in guitar. In my defense, I went on scholarship and I was young... So yeah, I still play some. Not much, but I enjoy it when I do. Mainly just play at church now but only every now and again.

cuhuuhoang
August 28th, 2010, 10:45 AM
any one

cold1984
September 1st, 2010, 09:06 PM
Been playing for 10 years

kmsbowhunter
September 2nd, 2010, 09:23 PM
Started playing at 14, been playing off and on 35 years now.

ftw1422
September 17th, 2010, 02:07 PM
close to 20 years playing. started when i was about 8. love playing

AllOut
September 22nd, 2010, 06:17 PM
my dad was a musician, studio drummer and a lot of house bands, then he fell into he guitar and got me playing when i was 12
i took lessons for about a year and now 15 years later and god knows how many thousands of dollars worth of equipment later i still dont know how to play any of it :)

Belt
September 23rd, 2010, 06:00 PM
I've played about 14 years. Took 3 years off. I lead worship at the church. I hope she takes interest in it. I'm looking to start my kids with piano.

Huskysibe
September 25th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I have 2 guitars gathering dust. Would really love to learn, maybe I should take lessons.

Agent Mulder
September 29th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Been playin for 14 years. Its obession #2.... behind shooting bow.

mavmike72
October 16th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Update on my daughter. She is doing great and im very proud of her. She can play two songs by Taylor Swift and she sings will playing. Like i said im impressed, for such a short time she's doing as well as she is.

lucky buck
October 19th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I've been working on Boston's Piece of Mind and More Than a Feeling, also Jim Croce I've Got a Name.

TEAM LANDRETH
October 20th, 2010, 04:18 AM
I started fooling with the guitar when I was around five. We had a stack of instruments in the house, and they were all fair game. I ended a professional musician as my prime income for 15 years, and I still do a handful of gigs every year. I play mandolin, Dobro, bass guitar and keyboards, too. And I write and sing. My kids are both professional musicians now, and they are having great careers. They make their daddy proud. There isn't a lot of money to be made as a musician, but it sure is fun!

OneArmArrowSlinger
November 8th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I played for years before I lost my arm, I even learned classical guitar in college, that made me better than anything I'd ever done. I played electric & acoustic (acoustic was my favorite, esp classical), bass, mandolin, and sax, could also play a little drum kit. I'm now trying to learn how to play some stuff w/ a slide & the guitar laying flat on its back. Me and a buddy of mine made a slide that I can attach to a sleeve that fits on my stump, hopefully it works & I'll be playing again soon!!! I miss not being able to play music more than anything.

2005Ultramag
November 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Been teaching myself on and off for about ten years. I can pick some tunes, but can't do anything really complex. I have a RH Yamaha Eterna EF-15 that I restrung LH, and was nothing but frustrated for a long time. About a year ago I had the bridge, and saddle replaced with LH pieces and it's made all the difference in the guitar. It plays so much easier now that the strings are properly set above the frets. I've been thinking of taking lessons from a friend who has played professionally his entire life. He's never had a "real job" and he is indeed a master.

Nothing special, but it sure has a nice sound.

dhunt1
December 12th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Could really use a good guitar player for my boys band. They have played Kansas City and Lawerence. Won 2009 Metal Wars! Check them out!
"the Hand of Midas"

hunting417
December 12th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Amen my friend, amen. Those words are not to be taken lightly. God bless and have a great holiday. Regards bob