PDA

View Full Version : Sales?

Buckbadger
July 19th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Since moving over from the Classifieds, have your sales dropped off?

I got some sales at first thinking it would pick up like the Classifieds, but since, sales have drooped way off as compared to the Classifieds. So far this face:( matches my Purple Stars.

What's everyone else expierencing with sales here?

Buckbadger
July 20th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Not even 1 reply? Guess everyone's sales are just as good as when in the Classifieds?:confused:

z28melissa
July 20th, 2010, 04:41 PM
We are busier than we've ever been... have not checked to see if traffic from AT to our website has increased or decreased since the move, though.

jbkstrings
July 20th, 2010, 04:46 PM
We have picked up also....

Buckbadger
July 20th, 2010, 07:44 PM
We are busier than we've ever been... have not checked to see if traffic from AT to our website has increased or decreased since the move, though.

You have Red stars and can still post in the Classifieds. Was looking for feedback from those who were once in the Classifieds, although now limited to this area only (Purple Stars) Thanks

BOWGOD
July 21st, 2010, 10:08 AM
My sales haven't dropped, but I definitely haven't been getting any new business from this forum.

I have a wide enough customer base so my sales haven't been hurt any, but expansion has definitely slowed down. But this place is still new and I haven't written it off just yet. New ideas take time to catch on, just like new businesses take time to become profitable. Let's see where we all stand at the end of 3 months I think that will give us a better idea how this place is going to work.

todd39
July 21st, 2010, 10:14 AM
my sales dropped off:( and yes this face matches the stars:mg:

JustinM
July 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
I'm sure people with red stars are sure enjoying the move, all alone in the Classifieds.

BOWGOD
July 21st, 2010, 05:35 PM
I'm sure people with red stars are sure enjoying the move, all alone in the Classifieds.

Yeah, but we can't complain about that. Red stars are available to us all, all you have to do is pay for them.

They pay a lot of money for those stars so they should get better advertising for them. There is really no need for us to get mad at them, they get what they pay for, and we got what we paid for.

I just wish that this forum would get a little more traffic, but it's still new, and might come around yet.

Rick Hodges
July 21st, 2010, 06:04 PM
I don't know what the purpose of the separate forum was (is?). I am a customer and come here to check on people who I have had previous dealings with. It is kind of like checking up on old friends. I find the new setup with separate forums a PITA but I have been able to locate most people when I wish to purchase more items.

My fear is that many of the smaller sellers will disappear. Target bags, call makers, hobbyist grip makers and close out deals on odd lots from various archery shops seem to be casualties of this new arrangment. I'm sure the owners of the board are happy with the new income. I am also sure the that the Archery Talk Classified has lost a lot.

I wish you all the best of luck with your "purple stars".

Rick

Buckbadger
July 21st, 2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah, but we can't complain about that. Red stars are available to us all, all you have to do is pay for them.

They pay a lot of money for those stars so they should get better advertising for them. There is really no need for us to get mad at them, they get what they pay for, and we got what we paid for.

I just wish that this forum would get a little more traffic, but it's still new, and might come around yet.

True, not complaining about the Red Star bennies, they do pay.

It's just with many small dollar items like mine, I just can no way justify the Red Star fee, so I'm stuck with the Purple. And if things do not pick up here it will be hard to justify the Purple fee? Hopefully things work out and sales pick up here like the good ole days of the Classifieds?:wink:

GameScout
July 21st, 2010, 06:39 PM
but I was expecting this to be a better year. This emporium is not getting enough traffic yet. I do appreciate the flashing banner that was recently added directing people to the new forum though. Hopefully things will pick up.

BOWGOD
July 21st, 2010, 07:03 PM
True, not complaining about the Red Star bennies, they do pay.

It's just with many small dollar items like mine, I just can no way justify the Red Star fee, so I'm stuck with the Purple. And if things do not pick up here it will be hard to justify the Purple fee? Hopefully things work out and sales pick up here like the good ole days of the Classifieds?:wink:

Yeah I did the red star thing before they gave out red stars for it. I just didn't see any increase in sales because of it. Most of my business is already set, and I have a great customer base to keep me going. The only thing I have noticed since getting put in the corner so to speak is a decline in NEW customers. Typically this time of the year I would average 5-6 new customers a week. Be it new members who were just here because of the classifieds, or classified junkies looking for new strings. Since July 1st I have only gotten 2 new customers, the rest of my business has been repeat customers.

If my business is not going to grow any sitting in this forum I may have a decision to make. I can either save the 250.00 a year, and be happy with what I make now (which really isn't bad so I'm ok with that) or pony up, and get me some red stars. We should be hitting the busiest time of the year here in about a month, so I'm just patiently waiting to see how this cookie is gonna crumble. By the end of my 3 month purple star period I should have a better idea of what my next move should be.

JustinM
July 21st, 2010, 11:59 PM
Bowgod, I'm not trying to throw stones at red stars. I know, I have just as much right as them to get them also, I would be interested but I just started and the money is still tight. I was just saying I'm sure they enjoyed it more like this, kinda cut compitition I figure. I just sponsored after this popped up so, its not hurting my sales because I had none prior. I would hate to see some small guys that have great products disappear because of the change.

Chupacabras
July 24th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I was thinking about selling in the emporium but have decided to wait and see what happens. I would like it much better if the purple star folks were still able to post in the regular classified adds.I just do not see enough traffic in this section to justify the expense.

ryersonhill
July 26th, 2010, 06:02 AM
My sales dropped off, hoping its just the change over period to get people used to where we are, they will spike one week then settle so its like everything else just takes a little time for people to find us and be used to looking here for their wants and needs, they needed to do something and i thought the $25 a month was a great deal for us, just waiting for business to pick up Hunting season is approaching fast and people will be getting new equipment and hopefully they will find us here, ya Red stars cost alot more then i can spend right now, but if you can't run with the big dogs you better stay on the porch, so i'll be on the porch for a while longer lol

CoolhandLuke
July 26th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I'm not what I was last year or last month for that matter. There's just no traffic here. The classifieds was king.

z28melissa
July 26th, 2010, 09:31 PM
You have Red stars and can still post in the Classifieds. Was looking for feedback from those who were once in the Classifieds, although now limited to this area only (Purple Stars) Thanks

I do not sell in the classifieds. No real reason. My stars are "red" because I want to support Archerytalk, not to boost sales, not to "run with the big dogs". But whatev...

ryersonhill
July 27th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I do not sell in the classifieds. No real reason. My stars are "red" because I want to support Archerytalk, not to boost sales, not to "run with the big dogs". But whatev...

was not ment to sound anything about red stars, i just ment i can not afford to sponsor at that level yet so i'll stay right here for now

z28melissa
July 27th, 2010, 07:49 AM
was not ment to sound anything about red stars, i just ment i can not afford to sponsor at that level yet so i'll stay right here for now

I was referring to buckbadgers comment :)

Quickdraw
July 29th, 2010, 02:32 PM
My sales dropped about 85%.

I have had some PM's from AT members asking if I was still selling and where they could find my thread. When I told them where my thread was now, they were unaware that this section even existed.

The free classified section is the King. It has far more traffic than here. I don't understand why we can't post there after we pay for the stars. The way I look at it why would AT want to take a chance on loosing active paying members like us just because we can't post in the free classifieds along with this section.

I don't mind paying my fare share and I can understand where AT is coming from with vendors like us, but if I am going backwards then how can I can't justifiy paying for the purple stars for less service When it comes time to renew my purple stars I won't if I am not getting any more bang for my buck than this move has created.

I just can't see thowing good money into somehting that does not produce more sales or at least mantain the same sales level as before.

ryersonhill
July 29th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I was referring to buckbadgers comment :)

Hey got my wraps the other day wow "you guys rock" thank Melissa those are special!

z28melissa
July 30th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Hey got my wraps the other day wow "you guys rock" thank Melissa those are special!

Great to hear! I keep everything on file if you ever need more. Be sure to post up pics!

z28melissa
July 30th, 2010, 07:55 AM
My sales dropped about 85%.

I have had some PM's from AT members asking if I was still selling and where they could find my thread. When I told them where my thread was now, they were unaware that this section even existed.

The free classified section is the King. It has far more traffic than here. I don't understand why we can't post there after we pay for the stars. The way I look at it why would AT want to take a chance on loosing active paying members like us just because we can't post in the free classifieds along with this section.

I don't mind paying my fare share and I can understand where AT is coming from with vendors like us, but if I am going backwards then how can I can't justifiy paying for the purple stars for less service When it comes time to renew my purple stars I won't if I am not getting any more bang for my buck than this move has created.

I just can't see thowing good money into somehting that does not produce more sales or at least mantain the same sales level as before.

I hear ya. I guess time will tell, as to whether the new section will catch on like the old classifieds. If not I'd hope they would just combine them like before.