PDA

View Full Version : This saturday,,,

MIKEY CUSTOM-G
July 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM
We open up for deer this saturday the 31st of July. Can't make it cause its the last day of the month and being in the auto business I have to close out the books...

But come Sunday,,,I'm skipping church in the AM and heading out to try to arrow a "skin head" for the fryin' pan.

I got 3 small food plots of cow peas and 3 corn feeders going year round. I'm dry water wise and have not seen alot of boar activity all summer and spring even. They like the water and swamp muds.

I got tons of turkey and might arrow one when season opens on them,,,which I need to find the exact date because of the staggering of dates this year.

I'm headed out today to corn up and scout some more. I have been hunting the same area all summer so I got a good idea whats happening. I am not seeing any bucks in day light,,,but have seen a nice buck foot print here and there.

timspawn
July 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Zone A fall turkey..

Oct 4-17
Nov 20-Jan 2

FlCracker13
July 28th, 2010, 12:02 PM
That for general gun. You can shoot bearded turkeys starting July 31st with a bow. The rules are hard to follow now but I checked because I also have some nice birds around.

FlCracker13
July 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I copied this from the game and fish website.

SPeCIeS
ZONe/ STATeWIDe
SeASON DATeS
Fall Turkey Season
FAll turkey (gobblers and bearded only)
Zone A
July 31 Aug. 29 by bow only 2
Aug. 30 Sept. 3 by crossbow or bow only
Sept. 417 by muzzleloader, crossbow or bow only
Oct. 417 and Nov. 20 Jan. 2 by all legal rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, crossbows, bows and pistols
1 per day 2 for all fall seasons combined

timspawn
July 28th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I copied this from the game and fish website.

SPeCIeS
ZONe/ STATeWIDe
SeASON DATeS
Fall Turkey Season
FAll turkey (gobblers and bearded only)
Zone A
July 31 Aug. 29 by bow only 2
Aug. 30 Sept. 3 by crossbow or bow only
Sept. 417 by muzzleloader, crossbow or bow only
Oct. 417 and Nov. 20 Jan. 2 by all legal rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, crossbows, bows and pistols
1 per day 2 for all fall seasons combined

Thats good to know.

rtd3jfrd
July 28th, 2010, 02:15 PM
south florida guys, when does your deer season end?

timspawn
July 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Archery is July 31st-August 29th

JPizzle
July 29th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Im pumped. I have a buck that is on camera alot in day time hours. Hopefully I can pull it off in the morning as I really dont want to hunt the afternoon as my stand isnt completely in the shade. Plus, it is still summer which means you have to go on the boat fishing. Hoping to pull of the Florida sportsman slam. A deer and a saltwater fish in the same day.

MIKEY CUSTOM-G
July 29th, 2010, 12:14 PM
This year is going to be crazy. With the start up so early and the staggering of dates following...

Want to remind everyone to get the special $5.00 deer tag. Being I have the Sportsman Gold I went to buy the additional $5.00 deer stamp. When i went to the local tax collector office to pay,,,they didn't and couldn't figure out if the Gold already covered the tag or not. I was htere for 45 minutes with 10 calls to Tallahassee. One guy would say its included,,,one would say its not... !!!! Taking no chances,,,I opted for the $5.00 ANYWAYS to play it safe. :eek:

So even our state officials don't know the rules this year. So be safe and buy the $5.00 deer stamp.

The turkey thing is interesting too. I only have a couple tom's that I am seeing (mostly on trail cam strutting) but have a ton of hens...Might be better for me to pass all together this year and let them produce more. I have seen atleast 10-15 young birds only able to fly 20 feet or so weighing about 5 pounds. So i have a good hatch going. That year round corn helps I think.

Maybe I'll pass on the turkey and look to take a yote instead ???

JPizzle
July 29th, 2010, 01:59 PM
We got a Newsletter from the bioligist at Deseret Ranch this week and it made mention as to how low the number were for spring gobbler this past season. It was roughly a 5 year low from what I remember. Talking about how the cold winter really put a damper on the spring season as they were mating later. Might be wise to maybe skip a season if it could help the population.

I think I read on FWC that the gold did cover the deer stamp. http://myfwc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/myfwc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2666&p_created=1273240051&p_sid=l6Y6Q76k&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5P SZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ 9NDgsNDgmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzP SZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF9 0eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJ nBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ 9ZGVlciB0YQ!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

The gold does cover the deer stamp but there are some combos and 5 yr packages that dont. See the link.