PDA

View Full Version : Wedington WMA

ARBowHuntr
July 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Looking to do some mid week hunting this year out at Wedington WMA. Wondering if anyone could give me any good areas to hopefully help me narrow down the areas I should start my summer scouting. I have already pinpointed a couple of places that I want to check out after looking at the topo, but I just thought I would see if there were any areas that seemed to hold more deer than others. Thanks in advance for any info anyone is willing to give.

-ARB

ARBowHuntr
August 2nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Anybody have any info on Wedington?

arkiejim
August 4th, 2010, 11:30 PM
All I know about Wedington is that it is close to Fayetteville. I live near Beaver Lake and have been lucky enough to take deer each of the last 2 years on my little 4 acres. I've been thinking about Hobbs, but there are some pretty steep places there and I know where the deer would go to expire!

ARBowHuntr
August 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah I know a few people that have had some success out at Hobbs, I am looking at Wedington because it would be close enough that I could just take a half day from work and be out there in plenty of time to really hike into some place for an evening hunt. I am just hoping to find a general area of the place that holds alot of deer to start my scouting.

jna329
August 8th, 2010, 11:35 AM
sorry for delay. I sent you a pm. get with me and I will do what I can to help you out. Have deer hunted this area and coonhunted for years. I know the area somewhat.