PDA

View Full Version : Alligator tag

razorbackhunter
July 29th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I drew a alligator tag for the Lower AR Wetland Complex Zone 3. Does any body have knowledge about this hunt?
Any suggestions on a place to hunt in the lower east side of the state?

Thanks,
Razorbackhunter

hunt4meat
July 30th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I beleive Post lake has some gators, along with maybe Merisach, and what about looking at the old AR river channel? Any back water area off the river down there should have something... the trick is getting close enough with a boat and spotlight then shooting the thing with a bow.

d3coy_duck
July 31st, 2010, 04:14 AM
I beleive Post lake has some gators, along with maybe Merisach, and what about looking at the old AR river channel? Any back water area off the river down there should have something... the trick is getting close enough with a boat and spotlight then shooting the thing with a bow.

I was informed by the AGFC that it is illegal to kill a gator in Arkansas with a bow so I informed them they could burn those tags for all I cared. There are several places in SE Arkansas to take a gator though.

razorbackhunter
August 1st, 2010, 11:24 PM
Thank for the info. The hunt is snare or harpoon only. I never been to south Arkansas and I was just looking for some public ground with gators

neo71665
August 2nd, 2010, 12:14 AM
Lucky plucker, damn good eating they are.

Pretty cut and dry on how you can kill one. http://www.agfc.com/licenses/Pages/PermitsSpecialAlligator.aspx

# Alligators must be snared or harpooned and subdued using a hand-held snare or harpoon and hand-held restraining line before dispatching. The use of any other equipment is prohibited.
# Once subdued, an alligator may be dispatched using only a shotgun or shotgun shell-loaded bangstick using shot no larger than no. 4 common shot.

GoneUser1
August 17th, 2010, 01:49 PM
i grew up bowfishing those waters, i know every hole, plus im on a gator hunt to! :wink:

razorbackhunter
August 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Congrats rivershark, maybe I will see down there.

Good luck

GoneUser1
August 20th, 2010, 11:14 AM
post lake one side is closed...but im sure when you take the class they will fill you in on everything