PDA

View Full Version : Any Luck?

FlCracker13
August 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM
Tough weekend for seeing bucks for us. The last few weeks the cameras were loaded with bucks and this weekend no bucks seen. I did shoot 2 does and my buddy shot one so all in all a great weekend and meat in the freezer.

timspawn
August 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM
No luck for me. Saw some does and a few hogs and two nice gobblers. Bucks are not moving at Silverlake. As of this afternoon only two had been killed. It's darn sure hot but not too wet so the bugs werent bad.

MIKEY CUSTOM-G
August 2nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
SAW ZERO !!! While i was on the stand that is....Walking to my stand thru the cow pasture caused a major stampede basically. Made atleast 75 head of cattle run and moo like maniacs,,,leaving 1 HUGE bull that wasn't moving that I simply did a walk around on,,,,thank you very much...took a few hours for all the dust to settle...So i saw no deer at all vertainly knowing that if they WERE in the area they'd sense the danger and leave the zip code.

did however see tons of turkey and passed on attemting to draw on a couple mid toms with about 5-6 inch beards. Saw lots of turkey chics too and my partner saw alot too.....turkey good,,,,,deer...not.....hogs ??? not enough water in our swamp ponds. Still relatively dry.

timspawn
August 9th, 2010, 08:03 AM
My wife and I both got small hogs and I got a doe Sunday morning. I watched a six point for and hour. As soon as he left some does, and button buck and a yearling came in. The button buck went straight to the feeder. A doe and yearling hung up behind some pines and a cabbage tree which made the next doe and yearling stop in the open. As soon as the doe cleared a pine tree I released. She ran about 50 yards with a double lung shot.

Centropomus spp
August 9th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Congratulations..... At least there was alot of cloud cover this weekend!

timspawn
August 9th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Congratulations..... At least there was alot of cloud cover this weekend!

Thanks......Saturday was brutal but it was nicer on Sunday.

FlCracker13
August 9th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Saw some does and a couple of small bucks. The wind kept changeing allot and messed me up a few times. The problem is we have to many hogs now. Some sits we are seeing 30+ hogs. Good luck to all.

timspawn
August 19th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Well.....I guess South FL is still slow. I saw two mature bucks but they were only a five and six point. Some does and no hogs. Cameras arent showing any better. I think the long winter has everything pushed back. What have you guys been seeing?

FlCracker13
August 20th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I'm headed out today for the weekend. Hopefully it will pickup some. We have seen the big 8 and 9 points we are hunting but no luck yet putting an arrow in them. I think it being so dry has them all messed up since most everyone I talk to is haveing a hard time. Now hogs are a different story we are loaded and it isn't a good thing. Normally this time of year all you have to do is ride around and see bucks chaseing but not this year.Good luck to all.

timspawn
August 20th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I'm headed out today for the weekend. Hopefully it will pickup some. We have seen the big 8 and 9 points we are hunting but no luck yet putting an arrow in them. I think it being so dry has them all messed up since most everyone I talk to is haveing a hard time. Now hogs are a different story we are loaded and it isn't a good thing. Normally this time of year all you have to do is ride around and see bucks chaseing but not this year.Good luck to all.

Thats funny. Silverlake is flooded. I can hear the deer coming before I see them. I'm wondering if the rut wont start on the next full moon.

FlCracker13
August 22nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Well I finally had one come by at 18 yards and I put it where it counts. Not a huge buck but a good one for where he came from. This lease hadn't had a archey killed buck in 6 years so he is a trophy for me. Enjoy

timspawn
August 22nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Good job! We didnt do any good this weekend.

dx2
August 23rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Nice looking buck, cracker! Congrats.

Timspawn - I was just talking to a buddy in the central zone and we were saying how it seems the buck sign is starting late this year. I also was thinking maybe the cold winter pushed it back some..but who knows for sure.

dx2
August 23rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
SAW ZERO !!! While i was on the stand that is....Walking to my stand thru the cow pasture caused a major stampede basically. Made atleast 75 head of cattle run and moo like maniacs,,,leaving 1 HUGE bull that wasn't moving that I simply did a walk around on,,,,thank you very much...took a few hours for all the dust to settle...So i saw no deer at all vertainly knowing that if they WERE in the area they'd sense the danger and leave the zip code.

did however see tons of turkey and passed on attemting to draw on a couple mid toms with about 5-6 inch beards. Saw lots of turkey chics too and my partner saw alot too.....turkey good,,,,,deer...not.....hogs ??? not enough water in our swamp ponds. Still relatively dry.

Sorry Mike but that's funny! One you'll remember. ha

It reminds me of the time I was tracking a deer through this field when this guy's huge belgium horse/mule mix came up pretty quick. I ain't no cowboy so it got the blood pumping. lol I also seen those horses chase deer out of "their" field which was pretty funny.

Centropomus spp
August 23rd, 2010, 05:18 PM
Nice shootin......it is nice to finally see that someone has had success!

J-Dubyah
August 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
Striking out thus far...I have seen a few does and a mess of hogs but no "FL" shooters as of yet. I am taking a break for a few weeks to watch some football before I get back out there, so hopefully my luck will change.