PDA

View Full Version : string silencers

hunt4meat
August 16th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I have a 2007 bowtech tribute, tonight while shooting int he back yard, I noticed something black fly out the corner of my eye right after I shot. I got to looking and it was one of the string silencers off the string, the little spider looking ones.

My question is how important is it ito the performance of the bow is it to have 1 silencer missing (top one) and the other one (bottom one) still on the string? WIll it mess up the bow? I will try to get into town and get it replaced but won't be able to till Wed or Thursday, and I ned to be practicing this week.

Thanks,
Matt

jna329
August 20th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Its a little late and you probably already fixed it, but it shouldnt hurt a thing. I shot my bow with only one for quite a while and then finally took the other one off. It added a little twang sound to the shot but didnt effect the performance at all. I have since put on an sts string stopper and havent put string silencers back on. Hope this helps and let em fly.

hunt4meat
August 23rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
so I can put on an aftermarket string stop? Where do you find one of them? I have not put more silencers on, and would actually rather not if I can get a string stop.

jna329
August 23rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
You should be able to get one from a bow shop. STS makes a front mount and a rear mount (I think the tribute is set up for one to screw into the back of the rizer behind the stabilizer mount if not you will need a front mount sts). You can also contact MeanV Archery. www.************.com or 618-380-4012 They build custom ones and also carry sts's.
You might find one on the classifieds on here as well.

Hope this helps--Jeff

hunt4meat
August 24th, 2010, 11:27 AM
You should be able to get one from a bow shop. STS makes a front mount and a rear mount (I think the tribute is set up for one to screw into the back of the rizer behind the stabilizer mount if not you will need a front mount sts). You can also contact MeanV Archery. www.************.com or 618-380-4012 They build custom ones and also carry sts's.
You might find one on the classifieds on here as well.

Hope this helps--Jeff

Thanks, I WILL definately look into this.