PDA

View Full Version : Acorns

jna329
August 20th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Whats the acorn crop going to be like this year? :thumbs_up or :thumbs_do.

arkiejim
August 20th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I've been looking at some trees where I live. My guess is a marginal :thumbs_up unless we get a lot of rain and soon

d3coy_duck
August 20th, 2010, 10:38 PM
I would agree with Jim.

GoneUser1
August 24th, 2010, 01:26 PM
depends on what region. id say most of the west side will do pretty well, the southeast delta may not have any hardly

hunt4meat
August 24th, 2010, 03:25 PM
haven't really been in the woods much, but from what I am hearing and seeing, the acorns in North central AR are small, if any at all, and I have been seening some at the cabin already falling :dontknow:

:cheers:

talon1961
August 24th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I went out and did a little looking around. Where I hunt, I found that most of the water and willow oaks are loaded, and most other white oaks are bearing a good crop. The Red oaks are real spotty. Some along the creek are ok, but on the ridges I didn't find any that are producing this year. This is on a WMA that surprisingly got plenty of rainfall this summer. I live only 20 miles away, and they got several good soaking rains that missed us completely. It looks like I'll be bowhunting the creek bottom in early Oct bowseason.

bigdoglanyards
August 26th, 2010, 09:08 PM
*note to self* "look up next time in the woods"

I have not really noticed how the acorn crop is this year at all.... I guess I need to start paying attention!

Razoo97
August 26th, 2010, 11:05 PM
:thumbs_do

GoneUser1
August 27th, 2010, 02:38 PM
my trees seem to be dropping corn! darndest thing

ozarkmtnhunter
September 12th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Havent found many whiteoaks at all. I went out this afternoon to check a couple more spots and found several big whites loaded with big fat acorns and several reds allready dropping. The deer tracks were unbelieveable since the rain. I found a few rubs and beds, also some fresh droppings. Should be a good spot come oct.