PDA

View Full Version : Sad News.

talon1961
August 24th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I found out this past week that a good friend died of cancer. He was a wildlife law enforcement officer who worked on Fort Chaffee and around W. Central Arkansas for several years. Mike Thomas was a really fine man. He loved his job and was a real asset for the AGFC. Mike was always willing to help everyone. He often put me on to some really good hunting spots on public land, and paid his due diligence in protecting wildlife by fighting poaching and other illegal activities on our public hunting grounds. I guess Mike would best be remembered as a Christian man who always tried to do the right thing. He was fair to all and as honest as the day is long. Arkansas has lost a fine man. I will miss you Mike.

GoneUser1
August 25th, 2010, 10:46 AM
i hate to hear it.

jna329
August 25th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Prayers to his family and friends. Sorry to hear.

HuntnHog
August 25th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I hate to hear that. I can't count the number of times I have ran into Mike while hunting on Fort Chaffee. Great guy and always very friendly. Like it was said above, he had no problem pointing you in the right direction to help you out. He also helped me load a couple of deer into the back of the truck over the years and you could tell he was just one of those guys that was glad to do it.

gindog1
August 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I hate to here it. he will be missed