PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Archery people in the SWFL area!

Siloutemirage
September 13th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Im kind of new to the archery thing, but ive had my bow for about a year or so. Im not entirely interested in hunting, just target shooting.

Id love to hear from other people in the area about where they go to shoot and things like that.

Im interested in heading up to the lee county archers range on Thursday for their open range to give it a look. Anyone frequent the area? id love to just chat with a few people before i go up there, so i dont look like one of the 3d targets and just stand around like a deer in the headlights. ;)

I have a compound bow, still pretty much basic. i want to try my hand at traditional archery as well. so if someone does both, id love to be able to chat with you about that. :) im currently reading Viper1's book to try and get some info on recurves and stuff like that. so i can make an educated guess for my first traditional bow. Maybe i can buy it for my birthday in October. :D

So please please... post here or send me a pm, if your interested in chatting. id love to talk things over with people. My boyfriend shoots too! so if i go thursday he will most likely be with me.

Siloutemirage
September 13th, 2010, 11:41 AM
No one?

JuniorsOutdoor
September 13th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm from SE Florida, but I know a few shooters from Lee County Archers. They are some really good people and it seems like a good club. It would definitely be worth checking out. I'm sure anyone would be willing to help you out.

Siloutemirage
September 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks junior. :) I just thought it'd be nice to chat before going up. :)

Siloutemirage
September 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
i'll give this a gentle nudge to see if anyone else responds. :)

FlCracker13
September 17th, 2010, 10:13 AM
The lee county archers are a great club. They are open Thursday afternoons for anyone to shoot for free. The 3rd Sunday of every month they have an awesome 3D shoot that everyone is welcome to shoot. It costs $15 but you get 2 rounds of 25 targets and it is very user friendly. It is mostly good guys that like to help out new people. Just go and shoot you will like it. I will be gun hunting so I won't be their this weekend.

getumspike
September 19th, 2010, 11:28 PM
I agree with cracker, its a great club. Thursdays are fun, you can shoot for free at paper targets and/or pay $5 to shoot 3d targets. The organized 3d shoot, which was today and every 3rd sunday of the month, is also fun and challenging. Everyone is nice and very helpful, you should go up on a thursday and check it out.

Siloutemirage
September 20th, 2010, 03:50 AM
i did stop by on thursday and had a blast!!! it was so nice to be somewhere where i can actively talk to people and get advice. going to try and go up again on thursday depending on what my boyfriend says. :)

rigginuts
September 20th, 2010, 06:59 AM
If you live in swfl you should be a member of Everglades Archers.

Siloutemirage
September 20th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I've heard of them but where are they located rigginnuts?

getumspike
September 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
If you live in swfl you should be a member of Everglades Archers.
Riggin did you mean SE florida? I'm sure Everglades Archers has a great club, but why would one want drive that far from swfl? That club is and extra hour away if you live down in naples. For me up in north fort myers it would be almost and extra 2.5 hours to head to everglades arhcers over lee county archers. Once again, I'm sure its a great club if you live on the east coast. I wouldn't mind coming and checking it out, but definatly wouldn't want to drive the extra miles every week.

Siloutemirage
September 20th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah I thought they were located in homestead. But if there in everglades city it's probably equal-ish distance.

rigginuts
September 20th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Riggin did you mean SE florida? I'm sure Everglades Archers has a great club, but why would one want drive that far from swfl? That club is and extra hour away if you live down in naples. For me up in north fort myers it would be almost and extra 2.5 hours to head to everglades arhcers over lee county archers. Once again, I'm sure its a great club if you live on the east coast. I wouldn't mind coming and checking it out, but definatly wouldn't want to drive the extra miles every week.

Sorry,

I wasn't thinking N. Fort Myers.

getumspike
September 20th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Sorry,

I wasn't thinking N. Fort Myers.

No problem, I'm not sure what part of swfl siloutemirage is from. Unless she is from the extreme southern end, LeeCounty would probably be closer.

Siloutemirage
September 20th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I'm in Naples. So lee is still closer.

QuietWyatt
October 5th, 2010, 08:38 PM
check your inbox, I sent you a P.M.

Siloutemirage
October 5th, 2010, 11:17 PM
i sent you a responce wyatt

leecountyarcher
October 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM
why should he drive 2 hours to miami to go to everglades, that re-tarded
Dude my anme is kevin im the cocky kid of lca, you should definately come out and enjoy our facility, you have coaches, and to tell you the truth i think lca is better than everglades

getumspike
October 11th, 2010, 01:15 AM
why should he drive 2 hours to miami to go to everglades, that re-tarded
Dude my anme is kevin im the cocky kid of lca, you should definately come out and enjoy our facility, you have coaches, and to tell you the truth i think lca is better than everglades

Kevin, you are ******ed! Probably right... Definitely ******ed! :set1_rolf2:
First, the "he" you speak of is a she. Second, you need to check your grammar and spelling before posting.

Siloutemirage, don't let him scare you away from the lee county archers' club! He is the only "cocky kid of lca", the rest are just good normal people. :rolleyes:

FlCracker13
October 13th, 2010, 10:12 AM
If Kevin is the offical spokesman of the Lee County Archers we are all domed LOL.

leecountyarcher
October 25th, 2010, 09:43 PM
reall funny fellas, i do agree with flcrackers statement!!!!
but i was jjust taalking to the other dude who tolled him to go to everglades range, didnt make sense?

AGPank
November 9th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Don't leave out Fort Lauderdale Archers. We're a little over an hour away and have 2 3D ranges, 28 target field range, FITA range, and 14 target flint range to 65 yds. The FITA and flint ranges have lights with 24/7 access for members. Watch our sight for shoots, we have a 3d shoot coming up Sunday. http://www.fortlauderdalearchers.com/

Lee County is a great club as is Everglades. There's a good group of people who travel to many of the regional shoots. If you like target shooting plan on the NAFAC at Everglades in December.

We have an indoor league starting Tuesday, it's 10 weeks and we shoot 7pm. There might be a couple archers driving over from your area.

trickyfl
December 8th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I'm from Naples I shoot too much . driving to ft lauderdale for indoor league every tuesday.

Rigel
December 30th, 2010, 12:35 AM
I have just purchased a recurve bow, and I have shot at Lee County Archers. All of the members are nice people, and quite helpful. It's great that they are open Thursday afternoons for non-members. I will be there tomorrow for sure!