PDA

View Full Version : Shoot through window screen in blind?

knox_nate
September 20th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I have seen a few people bow hunt and shoot through the screens with bh, but I would think it would be easy to throw a shot off doing that.

What is your experience and thoughts?

Here is the blind
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=414398&pdesc=Gander_Mountain_Vital_Gr ound_Blind&aID=503AL1&merchID=4006#ReviewHeader

bozo300
September 20th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I have a primos groundmax and have killed both deer and turkeys through the screen, no problems

knox_nate
September 20th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Do you shoot mechanical or fixed?

msinc
September 20th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Shoot thru...I have found that deer do not like the black hole they see if you dont have the netting up, so as far as I am concerned it aint like you got a lot of choice. I guess you can either shoot thru the net or watch alot of deer run off. Test your broadheads if they are mechanical. Some will open, some will half open and some just go. I use fixed blades.

knox_nate
September 20th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Anyone had any problems shooting through the net?

knox_nate
September 21st, 2010, 07:42 PM
So most have either not shot through the net or have not had any problems I guess.

bobbal
September 22nd, 2010, 09:26 AM
I've been shooting thru the net on Doublebull and Ameristep blinds for many years. I've had no problems. I've used Satellite, cut on contact heads. I now use Muzzy, three blade with chisel heads. I've killed many deer, shooting thru the screen. I don't trust mechanical heads to even try them with shoot thru screen. We are having a bumper crop of acorns and mosquitoes. The deer are feasting on the acorns, but the mosquitoes are not feasting on me, inside my closed blind.