PDA

View Full Version : What do i Need?

passthru11
September 29th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Hey guys, i have a canon gl2 and want to be able to run my shotgun mic and light at the same time if needed for tracking. i dont want to sacrifice sound for light and vice vera. i also want to know what adapter i need to run wireless mics and my shotgun. Is it possible to run all three? ive tried looking thru BH photo but can really tell by pics and descriptions.

Pickert
September 29th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah you can handle all than and run everything with the right equipment and accessories. Get a shoe extension that goes into you shoe mount on your camera, that will allow you to use your light and shotgun mic at the same time. You will need something like a Beachtek adapter to run your shotgun and wireless at the same time. You can get a Bracket that attaches to the bottom of your camera that you can mount your wireless to.
You don't have to set it up just like this, that is just how I have my FX1000 setup and it seems to work well for me. Good luck with everything!

Robert Muncie
September 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Can't really say it any better than that. I was thinking that with the GL2 you can't split the sound but I could be wrong. I thought it was only a two channel camera.

Pickert
September 29th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Can't really say it any better than that. I was thinking that with the GL2 you can't split the sound but I could be wrong. I thought it was only a two channel camera.

I have only used a GL2 a handful of times so I could be wrong on something. If I am someone please correct me. One of my friends has a GL2 also I will ask him and see if he knows for sure. LOL he probably won't but I'll ask him.

Pickert
September 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Does your light run on it's own batteries or on the camera battery?

passthru11
September 30th, 2010, 11:41 PM
The light i am going to get runs of a seperate battery. Thanks guys for the info. Ill have to look into it more.