PDA

View Full Version : Bear Problems

tallyloufsu
September 29th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Anyone else having bear problems in the panhandle area? There eating everything and running the deer off. There almost as bad as the freaking hogs!!!

tallyloufsu
September 29th, 2010, 02:33 PM
We have at least 3 different female’s with cubs and 4 to 5 males…..They need to open up a black bear season in North Florida !!!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/tallyloufsu/CDY_0496.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/tallyloufsu/CDY_0193.jpg

Jamo319
September 29th, 2010, 03:44 PM
We have them in our club on the Wakulla County/Franklin County border. Last year they were dumping out our feeders and hanging around the stands all the time. I ended up pulling my feeders out of the woods. They eventually left around X-mas time and we didn't see any sign of them again until this summer. We now have a large female with 4 cubs roaming around all over. Luckily the rut doesn't come in until the end of January down here so they don't mess up the really good hunting. Bow season sucks though.

tallyloufsu
September 29th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Your right around the corner from us. Our property is in Wakulla county too. We've been there for 4 years now and the bears seem to get worse each year.

Fldeerslayer
October 5th, 2010, 11:04 AM
There pretty much everywhere now. Alot of people have swiched from feeding corn to soybeans, the bears don't like them.

QuietWyatt
October 5th, 2010, 07:24 PM
We have'em bad down south. Last week I heard them in my garbage for like the hundreth time. A mess to clean in the morning and the fire ants are always there first. I have learned to stay indoors when I hear them now, I pretty much got ran over by one running away. I have a momma around here who pumps out cubs like it's nothing. The berries here are all ripe and they are mowing them down. I notice the black bear will charge at you very easily. Ever peer out your window after hearing something only to look directly into the eyes of a bear? All I could think about was him jumping through the widow.

This trick works to keep them away from your household. Buy a roticerrie chicken from the store and a can of compresed insect repellant. Eat the chicken then smear your hands all over the chicken carcass. Rub the oil and grease all over the bug spray. Now stuff the can in the cavity of the chicken. Place the chicken buy your garbage or where the bears are a problem barn, feed storage, ect. Most of the time the bear will puncture the can and he wont dare come back for a while.

tallyloufsu
October 6th, 2010, 10:41 AM
There pretty much everywhere now. Alot of people have swiched from feeding corn to soybeans, the bears don't like them.

Soybeans are expensive!! Its triple the amount of corn is but if it keeps the bears away I guess its worth it.

gotair19
October 19th, 2010, 05:33 PM
out in ocala forest there bad theres a big one out at my buddies land and some small ones

Little_Brooks90
November 5th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Okay, I posted in the florida bowhunter's group, but i dont think anyone will get to it soon, no one has really been on much lately, but I was curious if you would still go to prison for killing a black bear if it tries to attack you? Some buddies of mine said you still get prison time. I dont think it would be right if we couldnt defend ourselves if a bear tries to attack us. lol I would stick one if it climbed up my tree, or towards me anywhere in an aggressive manner. And there is one thats been all around where I hunt.

Jamo319
November 10th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I spoke with a friend a FWC and he said it is a misdemeanor and a $500 fine for killing black bear in Florida. Shouldn't involve jail time unless other circumstnaces are involved like alcohol or tresspassing.

Jamo319
November 10th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Here's a picture of my bear problem. We've got them on all corners of our 2700 acres.

bhtr3d
November 27th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I heard that they might think about bringing back a special hunt for the bears.....Of course there is a few hurdles to get over ....like the so called threaten species thing.....But, it might be something to come here in the near future.

PitBull Daddy
November 27th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Wish we had your problem here in Indiana!

ksboy
December 26th, 2010, 12:36 PM
If you shoot one in self defense you'll probably be okay. However, they will do an investigation and it better be legit. If you shoot one while hunting, It will cost you a lot more than $500 and you probably will have a couple years off of hunting to think about it.

FWC is currently evaluating their long range black bear management plan and hunting will probably be one of the tools used.

go to myfwc.com