PDA

View Full Version : opening day in arkansas this mourning

bucster
October 1st, 2010, 02:01 PM
son and i went this mourning saw eleven deer no bucks does and yearlings son missed i didnt shoot no rutting yet right around the corner cold coming in tonight............

talon1961
October 3rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
I had a nice 4 pt come by chasing does and grunting every step of the way. I drew back on him,, but quickly realized he had no eyeguards or a 3d point on either side. I thought it was way to early for any rutting activity here in W. Arkansas.

tmkilburn
October 4th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Hmmm. Wonder if I should break out my grunt call.

GoneUser1
October 4th, 2010, 11:54 AM
saw 12 different bucks, one reall good twenty inch wide buck no shots. about the same in doe. shot a 115" buck because i thought it was a different buck. dangit. at least i can try again i guess, and meat to eat.

ARBowHuntr
October 7th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I had a nice 4 pt come by chasing does and grunting every step of the way. I drew back on him,, but quickly realized he had no eyeguards or a 3d point on either side. I thought it was way to early for any rutting activity here in W. Arkansas.

I would have thought the same thing, but Sunday I had a young eight point grunting his head off and chasing a doe around my stand.

talon1961
October 7th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Maybe the first cold front ushering in the New moon. My grandpa always said this was the very best time to be in the woods or on the lake fishing.