PDA

View Full Version : Doe down on Fort Chaffee!

talon1961
October 9th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I got a nice fat doe this morning on Camp Chaffee. I was hoping for a nice buck, but the doe will eat just nicely. I saw over a dozen doe, but only one racked buck and he stayed well out of bow range. I shot her with a 100 gr. Grim Reaper Razortip. Full passthrough and stuck about 4 inches in the ground. 30 yard shot and about 60 yard recovery! These GR's really do a job out of the GT500 at 314 fps!

fishmannyj
October 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Congrats! Not much moving on 8b. My spot is pretty dry! Hope it picks up after some rain.

talon1961
October 10th, 2010, 11:15 PM
I hunted 6d yesterday and today. Acorns are falling like crazy. So far I've seen close to 30 does and only one buck in the woods. I passed on several doe this afternoon within 20 yards. I think the bucks are still on the field edges close to the ponds and creeks and not in the oak timber yet. I saw two nice bucks this evening on the way home after dark coming off 7 near Engineers Lake. They were coming out of a grown over field and headed toward hwy 22. 6D will be closed until sometime in November. So far it's been open 3 days. Last year it was open a total of 8 days and I hunted all 8 of them. It was closed from after thanksgiving until the end of march. I hope its open more often this year or I'm going to start having to learn a new area to hunt.