PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Thiefs....

x-ring-1
October 17th, 2010, 09:11 PM
:thumbs_doEarlier this week I left a thread about having my safety belt and hooks in my tree stand taken over night. Today while at the shop I work at (which was very busy) I put on the "customers" sting and buss cable that he had purchased some where else at no charge (we always do that) gave him some advice to replace his 20yr. old rest with a whisker biscuit and a D loop, which he did. I tagged his bow case and told him to pay for the items. Later when I was cleaning up I found where I had put the packages and told him to pay for them. He just had taken his bow and left the packages. Unbelieveable!! I spent 20-30 mins. working on his bow with the strings and cables and then he steals the items. I'm just amazed at people any more!

knob
October 17th, 2010, 09:15 PM
That's just wrong. Do you have any camera's in your shop?

Daniel Boone
October 17th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Sucks

Good friend had his feeder and camera and stands stolen while he was gone last week.

I garantee I would be putting a camera up to catch them and post it in the local newspaper for all to see.

Video cameras do work.
DB

carbon arrow1
October 17th, 2010, 09:48 PM
back when I worked at Gander Mountain (1996), we would straighten out boxes of Rocky boots in the footwear section. we would find customers would put on the boots and place their old crappy tennis shoes in the boxes and put the boxes back on the shelf. they just walk out wearing the new boots. wonder why hunters get such bad names. a few rotten apples ruin for it the whole bunch.

x-ring-1
October 17th, 2010, 09:54 PM
You know guys I'm the type of person that always tries to find the good in people but it's getting harder and harder any more.

corpralbarn
October 17th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Im not sure i understand. what did he do wrong?

jasontrayal
October 17th, 2010, 10:00 PM
he stole a rest from his shop....

bowhntng4evr
October 17th, 2010, 10:00 PM
People are more brazen then ever in this economy. They don't care about who they hurt or what they steal. They feel that its no big deal if they steal an item. They don't care that stealing raises prices in the store for all us decent guys. When the wife was working at Walmart, this guy actually walked out with a 50" flat screen tv. Employees are not allowed to confront thieves at Walmart. They just call the police and hope they are caught. Stealing, costs the stores billions per year. We are the ones to pay for it. The stores don't eat the losses. They raise prices to make up the difference. Then we pay with higher costs.

sagecreek
October 17th, 2010, 10:13 PM
You know guys I'm the type of person that always tries to find the good in people but it's getting harder and harder any more.

Society is starting to turn into a giant cesspool. :(

Archer2023
October 17th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Theres only one thing lower than snake Shi* and thats a @#$&^# theif!

dallas1966
October 17th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Theres only one thing lower than snake Shi* and thats a @#$&^# theif!

I Agree 100%

Huff/MO
October 17th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Went to hunt our lease for the first time this season last night. Found out we were missing trail cams and a treestand. Called the neighbor to let him know. He told us he had just put out a cam and ground blind earlier in the week. He went over and checked, he's missing two stands and the camera. The manhunt is on.

spike camp
October 17th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I dont hunt anywhere but the west, but everytime i read these threads im shocked at the amount of stuff people steal!

It seems to happen mostly in the midwest and east coast....

I grew up in pa. And had permission on a few small properties back then (94').

I had a stand stolen with in 3 days of setting it up.

I still,just cant believe how much stuff people steal!!!

martin_shooter
October 17th, 2010, 11:23 PM
last week I had a stabilizer stolen from our indoor range/club. The wort part is it was a member that stole it since it is a controlled access building that you have to have a passcode and a do not copy key to get in. Hard to believe another person in the club would do that.

utahelk
October 18th, 2010, 12:06 AM
What goes around comes around... I hope the guy misses the biggest buck he will ever see.

truetexan#1
October 18th, 2010, 12:36 AM
idk what your talking about i saw some guy get tackled by security at walmart while he was in the parking lot for trying to steal a watch

Archer2023
October 18th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Bring back corporal punishment and people will be better behaved................. A thief will only steal as long as he has hands. Thats my thinking anyways.

Dextee
October 18th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Yep! $350 worth of LW stick and stand were stolen from me just before opener.

All i can say...and I REALLY do mean this is a dont give a sheeet..I hope who ever is in it falls out of it and breaks there legs and arms.