PDA

View Full Version : Big Bend Area - Deer Activity

SogManorSlayer
October 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Is anyone witnessing any rut activity? I hunt in Lafayette county, south of Mayo and in past years we've had much more cruising and chasing activity at this point in the season. However, this year we are seeing very little daytime activity. Almost all of our buck photos are at night between 10pm and 3am.

After this last weekend with low temps in the 40s and highs in the upper 70s and very minimal activity, it feels like we are at the lull before phase 1 of the rut. I'm wondering if the full moon will have any affect on an increase of rut activity this weekend?

I've talked with others who hunt this area and it seems to be the same story everywhere. I'm beginning to buy into the late rut philosophy for this year.

Any comments?

SogManorSlayer
October 27th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Several solo bucks spotted cruising during the daytime this week. One big 10 and several 8's. I think this weekend with the cooler weather may be good.

Fldeerslayer
November 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I hunt Alachua & dixie counties, I've killed two bucks & both had clean tarsals so I think we're looking at a later than normal rut.

JohnHenry
November 4th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Check out Log Landing WMA, between Old Town and Branford, on the Suwannee. There's an additional week of Archery Season - Either Sex Deer, Nov. 13-21. Some good deer reported in the regular season.