PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Hunt

Instinct17
October 29th, 2010, 12:18 PM
All signs point to a great weekend for bow hunting! Please post pics of Arkansas kills. Good luck!

talon1961
October 29th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Yeppers! It sure looks like the cold front we've been waiting on. I have this whole weekend off just to bowhunt if I want. So far, one doe in the freezer and hoping for a good mature buck now. It's getting close to that magical time of the year! good luck all and God bless.

fishmannyj
October 30th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Had one spike under me this morning at Chaffee. Not much movement or sign on 8b.

talon1961
October 30th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I hunted J. Perry Michaels SUA (formerly the Blue mt. wildlife demonstration area) this morning and afternoon. I had several young doe and one little 8 pt in range, but passed on them. I did see a big boy chasing a doe on the opposite side of the Petit Jean River. They both had afterburners on! Heard one grunting and chasing this afternoon before dark, but never got a glimpse of it. I'm heading to Chaffee in the morning as my favorite area is open (last day it will be open until the gun permit hunt). Hopefully I'll get another on in the freezer tomorrow.

Instinct17
November 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Saw my first good chase of the season yesterday evening. Things are picking up in south arkansas!