PDA

View Full Version : Wounded deer

ukjw
November 1st, 2010, 03:04 PM
First off, I'm on my phone so sorry for typos...straight down shot arrow is covered in white slim but it's not a gunshot....blood trail picks up within 15 yards and basically is running out of her in nickel to quarter size drops as she is crashing...I found a couple if patches of blood that had a few bubbles so does this guarantee a lung? I ha to stop tracking after 50 yards or so because 2-3 deer jumped and I didn't know I it was her(she had a fawn lingering and there were about 10 other deer in the general area when I shot her)...she crashed very hard and was going downhill in and out of trails...maybe the blood is only so good because there is an exit hole so low...it almost looked to me as if my arrow reflected off her ribs and possibly went down her side by the way it was stuck in the ground so I'm confused

cujrh10
November 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM
where did the arrow initially hit? behind the shoulder? betweent he withers? further back?

IlBowhunt
November 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM
white slim is likely fat. sounds like you grazed her

volgrad7
November 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
Bubbles def DOESNT guanantee lung. In fact i normally see some bubble in nearly all of my tracking jobs. Lung blood is hard to miss......once you see double lung blood youll never mistake it again. Not sure bout the white slime.....normally sounds like you hit paunch but if youre sure you didnt its maybe possible you got into some mucus in the organs. Give it a few and track her down

ukjw
November 1st, 2010, 03:36 PM
It should have hit bewttn the shoulders but I was so close I couldn't tell...it qasnt far back though, if anything closer to one side.....it dis look like it deflected by the wu it hit the ground...I'm pretty sure the slime is fat but since te arrow came out the bottom it would get fat one it, the whole arrow went in....the blod trail sure is thick for a crashing deer though

Crayfish
November 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM
I would give her some time. Straight down usually means 1 lung and they can take some time to die. Give it a couple of hours and come back before dark.