PDA

View Full Version : Any archers in Leesburg area in need of practice area?

Blackfletch
November 8th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I and another archer created a target and 4 target field range in the Flat Island Preserve.
Our target range consists of 1 in yards and the second in meters. The field range is a
4 target range of birdie, 80wu, 50 and 30 yards. With this arrangement you can shoot
a full 14 target NFAA field round. We have NFAA approved insurance (which I have paid)
The range is NFAA approved, Lake County Water Authority (property owners) have approved the archery range.
Membership is $25./year, no meetings and no events. Must be a member to use.
Finally only 3 archers have shown an interest.

jay sheridan
December 1st, 2010, 04:42 PM
Blackfletch,
Sorry for the late reply. But I am looking for a place to shoot, I am in 4 corners area of Lake county. I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to find a club anywhere close by. Tha closest I have seen is the ridge archers down at teneroc and to be honest i have never seen anyone shooting on it and it looks pretty run down. I am not sure if I would be of any help to you as I am only a bowhunter and am unfamiliar with all the NFAA lingo and all. Can you give me anymore info via e-mail? thanks Jay

Blackfletch
December 1st, 2010, 07:03 PM
Jay, notify me of your email address and I'll send you loads of info.

William

jay sheridan
December 1st, 2010, 08:52 PM
William, I can be reached at jaysheridan6@hotmail.com or on cell phone at 352-536-0388 feel free to call me. I am currently awaiting my new order from Mathews but am always looking to hang and meet new archery folks.
Jay

Blackfletch
December 8th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Pictures of field range

[/IMG]P9110128.JPG
P9110129.JPG
P9110130.JPG
P9110132.JPG
P9110134.JPG

Blackfletch
December 8th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Pictures of Flat Island Archery Range

http://picasaweb.google.com/114971552018703055625

bhtr3d
January 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
You should look at having a 3d club range there... I know of the club that use to be in Zellwood, and they lost their range. As well as the club that use to be in Ocala.
Tim
Florida ASA State Director

Blackfletch
January 5th, 2011, 01:15 PM
You should look at having a 3d club range there... I know of the club that use to be in Zellwood, and they lost their range. As well as the club that use to be in Ocala.
Tim
Florida ASA State Director
The intent of the range is to provide a place for archers to have a place to practice target and field archery with no obligation/involvement other than shooting. The area being used for the range use
to be called the Lake County Archers. They folded for lack of interest. I am effectively the only active member and bear all costs, maintenance and improvements. I was convinced to start a club there
by a group of casual archers who have never even got involved. I decided that I would be a one archer club if necessary.
The creation, costs and lack of a solid base of members makes a 3D range impratical.

William

Blackfletch
March 10th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Just trying to keep the post active.

JTorres
November 7th, 2014, 12:38 PM
If this place is still open. Please let me know. Text me address and if it's in leesburg. 352 630 5905. Thank you. You can call me JT

Blackfletch
November 7th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I had to shut down the range permanently as of 6/1/2012. Anyone interested in resurrecting the range can contact me at
blackfletch@centurylink.net I have not been to the range since 1/1/2013.

William

AKRuss
November 17th, 2014, 03:48 PM
I now live in Lady Lake and can't believe there isn't a range around somewhere. There are a few in the Villages, including one right alongside of 27/441 but you have to be a resident. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bhtr3d
November 17th, 2014, 11:14 PM
I now live in Lady Lake and can't believe there isn't a range around somewhere. There are a few in the Villages, including one right alongside of 27/441 but you have to be a resident. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
well....you have the easton training center in newberry.....what exactly are you looking for...nfaa ....ibo (dead in fla)...asa which is the dominate forms for 3d in the south..

AKRuss
November 17th, 2014, 11:27 PM
I'm just looking for casual practice at the moment. I live in a gated community and have no place to setup a bale.