PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Blind Video

Jerry/NJ
December 26th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Today I decided to test out my new Matrix blind even tho I am not feeling well. It was cold, breezy and damp, about to snow, so it was just like hunting conditions ;) I had to cut the video short on clips to make it sizeable. Someday I will get good at video'n like Jon. :p
This blind is awesome I cant wait to hunt with it ! It is easier to put up and take down than my T-2 was.
Check out the video........

http://www.huntingfootage.com/data/520/397matrixblind.wmv

rodney482
December 26th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Today I decided to test out my new Matrix blind even tho I am not feeling well. It was cold, breezy and damp, about to snow, so it was just like hunting conditions ;) I had to cut the video short on clips to make it sizeable. Someday I will get good at video'n like Jon. :p
This blind is awesome I cant wait to hunt with it ! It is easier to put up and take down than my T-2 was.
Check out the video........

http://www.huntingfootage.com/data/520/397matrixblind.wmvnice footage, is this a double bull.

Jerry/NJ
December 26th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Make sure your speakers are on :)

LaSouthpaw
December 26th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Nice footage and a nice looking blind!!! I may need to look into one of these.

RnRLobsta
December 26th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Jerry/NJ............Very nice blind setup.I've been looking into these also.Iwas curious how much the shoot through window affected the arrow,judging by the vid not much.What do you think?Boy that bowtch is quiet what you shootin the pat or the extreme i'll bet its the pat soooooooooooo glad i own the bowtech patriot.At any rate give me any kind of info you can on this blind i need one badly for some of these farm fields on eastern long island where the best tree you can find is a 3 inch locust.Nope i have not yet figured out how to change my user name and have very little time look into it due to 1 more week of bow season and then the start of the shotgun season,but i could use some help on that also if you will

Jerry/NJ
December 26th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Jerry/NJ............Very nice blind setup.I've been looking into these also.Iwas curious how much the shoot through window affected the arrow,judging by the vid not much.What do you think?Boy that bowtch is quiet what you shootin the pat or the extreme i'll bet its the pat soooooooooooo glad i own the bowtech patriot.At any rate give me any kind of info you can on this blind i need one badly for some of these farm fields on eastern long island where the best tree you can find is a 3 inch locust.Nope i have not yet figured out how to change my user name and have very little time look into it due to 1 more week of bow season and then the start of the shotgun season,but i could use some help on that also if you will

The window mesh didnt affect the arrow at all. It is weird when you are not used to shooting thru something as we are trained not to hit anything but the mesh is too cool ! My bow was right next to the video camera and I have a pendulum sight on it. You are right, it is the Patriot VFT single cam using Magnus Stingers on Axis arrows ;) . Check with thehairlessone for a good deal, he is here on AT. :D

bloodtrail1
December 26th, 2004, 09:50 PM
I'd sure like to get one of those!

Whitefeather
December 26th, 2004, 10:01 PM
I had to cut the video short on clips to make it sizeable. Someday I will get good at video'n like Jon. :p

You are too kind Jerry,( you did mean me didn't you?)but I think it may just be luck on my part ;) Man, I thought the mesh would deflect the arrow somewhat, but it didn't seem to affect it at all. I'd love to get one of those as it would make getting a kill on tape (especially for turkey) a breeze!

Cool vid :cool:

JP

Jerry/NJ
December 26th, 2004, 10:10 PM
I sure did mean you ;) You da man for videos and action!

Dont know if you saw my other post but are you using the gorilla arm for treestand use?

When I had my T-2 blind, the mesh never interfered and this blind is better yet :D

Whitefeather
December 26th, 2004, 10:13 PM
I sure did mean you ;) You da man for videos and action!

Dont know if you saw my other post but are you using the gorilla arm for treestand use?

Just replied to it....and yes, that's what i'm using for the treestand. One tip for using it though....apply some scentless mineral oil (gel) to the moving parts and it will be really smooth during cold weather use.

JP

Jerry/NJ
December 26th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Now I know one thing I am ordering from Cabelas on my gift card ;)

Tim Z
December 26th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Very cool video....Thanks, always wondered.

Whitefeather
December 26th, 2004, 10:24 PM

Don't know if your local Wal Mart sells them or not, but the price of them here went from 35 dollars down to about 25 dollars. Save that card for something else ;)

JP

chase17
December 26th, 2004, 11:19 PM
that looks liek an awsome bowhunting spot look at all that dead grass around u were the deer have been walkin on it so much, and theres a nice oak tree behind you at abou t35 yrds, j/k nice looking blind

OD_Crew
December 26th, 2004, 11:38 PM
great video, I got our last 3D shoot on tape, we are going hunting next week and I'm considering one of those blinds.

Jerry/NJ
December 27th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Chase, it is the BEST bowhunting spot for squirrels , bar none ! Over 70 so far this year. :D

BigBirdVA
December 27th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Jerry/NJ............Very nice blind setup.I've been looking into these also.Iwas curious how much the shoot through window affected the arrow,judging by the vid not much.

Before I hunted out of a blind I bought a piece of replacement netting and stretched it up between two boards and shot through it. At 30 yds with Rocket miniblasters and Turbonocks it made no difference in flight at all. I didn't go any longer but if it's the same at 30 it's not going to matter at 40.

Just got the Matrix from the Hairlessone here on AT. Great person to deal with. Great prices too.

chase17
December 27th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Chase, it is the BEST bowhunting spot for squirrels , bar none ! Over 70 so far this year. :D

i bet you no how those squirrels are with trampolines,

(confuscious says man who find trampoline find many of squirrels)

thats probably a squirrel haven, id hunt there if i was u

chase

chase17
December 27th, 2004, 05:05 PM

dont buy the pro bo cam from cabelas it is worthless compared to teh gorrila tree arm, i have tried both and the gorrila tree arm is way better and it is also on sale at my walmart now too for 25 dollars..i say buy it set it up in that oak tree next to the trampolin eadn get som good squirrel footage for me.

chase

Jerry/NJ
December 27th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I got one for $25 at Walmart.....thanx for the tip guys ! :D