PDA

View Full Version : North Florida RUT

tallyloufsu
December 2nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Anybody seeing any Rut activity yet in North FL ? Mainly Gadsden, Leon, Wakulla, and Jefferson counties.

crackerp3
December 13th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I hunted joebudd this past weekend and saw no rutting at all, but its not far, rubs and scrapes are every were...,

tallyloufsu
December 30th, 2010, 10:22 AM
There starting to rut in Wakulla/Jefferson counties now.

crackerp3
January 4th, 2011, 03:17 PM
wierd year in north fla still have not saw any chasing by bucks and i still have not saw a rack buck .... and whats up with No acorns......:cry:

Jamo319
January 5th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I saw a big 8 point near Wakulla Springs chasing a doe on the side of the road at 9am last Friday. Saw a spike yesterday in the same area around 830am. My sister saw a large buck crossing the road at 530 pm yesterday as well. I started seeing fresh scrapes at my hunting club around the state park a couple weeks ago. I think its starting to kick in. I have a quota permit to hunt the Wakulla State Forest this weekend near Wakulla Springs. Might have timed that just right.

tallyloufsu
January 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM
On December 22 I grunted in a 8 point and shot him. I thought for sure he would be rutted up and nasty but he wasnít at all. He wasnít in full rut but he defiantly came in because of the grunt call. We havenít seen anything chasing yet but have had some prerut sign since late December. (I'm just east of the st. marks river)