PDA

View Full Version : Shed Hunting

bushmasterar15
January 28th, 2011, 12:29 AM
When do you all start looking for sheds? Post up some pics of your finds.

rkswyo
January 31st, 2011, 08:45 PM
With Wyoming's new law we can't start collecting until May 1st. This includes the section west of the continental divide. Some choose to ignore this and some have paid a heavy price. It is frustrating to go out May 1st and see 4 wheeler tracks everywhere.

NMYoungGun
February 1st, 2011, 03:13 PM
still carrying them down here. When they drop we'll be hitting the hills hard.

dcgameslayer
February 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM
I start looking a lot around mid Feb. but as soon as i see bucks without headgear.

Brock-ID
February 1st, 2011, 08:53 PM
I don't go out for elk until mid April. I usually pack my bow then because it is the opening of bear season.

a3dhunter
February 1st, 2011, 09:12 PM
I hear the Utah boys now have to take a class before they can shed hunt before mid April.
Couldn't believe that, but it's in the hunting regulations.

bushmasterar15
February 1st, 2011, 11:27 PM
I'll be trying again this year. But never seem to have any luck. Alway see boot and quad tracks when I go. Guess I'm to late.

camofreak
February 2nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
When do you start to go?? They drop them here in late feb or first week of march normally.

bushmasterar15
February 2nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
I've gone starting in March.

NMYoungGun
February 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
ill probably start in late febuary this year.

John C
February 3rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
I find a few small ones time to time. I still waiting for that "big" one. Its my fix after the season is over. I pack a few brews and take a day hike. Starting soon.

hunterojc
February 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
This will be my first year trying to find some elk and deer sheds and I cant wait.

Bobmuley
February 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM
While I do enjoy getting out after being cooped up all winter I'd like to remind everyone to be conscious of the late-winter and early spring pressure on the animals. If we don't screw with the animals there'd be no need for Wyoming-type regulations...all that leads to is shed poachers. :)

Grim76
February 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM
i start looking about mid to end of Feb. yes out here in UT you have to fill out an on-line questioner and print of a permit from the DNR , good Feb. through April

rkswyo
February 4th, 2011, 03:03 PM
While I do enjoy getting out after being cooped up all winter I'd like to remind everyone to be conscious of the late-winter and early spring pressure on the animals. If we don't screw with the animals there'd be no need for Wyoming-type regulations...all that leads to is shed poachers. :)

Couldn't agree with you more Bob. A few screwed it up for all of us. Residents and non-residents alike. There was an article in the paper here that you can't even be out on the roads unless it is Industrial/ranch related. There was a pretty good number of guys that got popped last year. Steep fines and you can loose your hunting privledges. Not worth it to me! I just hate the fact that the land has basicly been taken away from us for 4 months.