PDA

View Full Version : sunrize safaris...Nugents place in michigan.

jamesbalog
February 17th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Has anyone ever hunted there? If so what did ya think of the place? I am strongly considering a boar hunt there this summer ad was looking for an honest review.

419deerhunter
February 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Bump. Looking to see what people have to say, was thinking about dropping some hints to my wife because I have a b-day coming up

Sorek
February 17th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I have been here twice and both times I was very satisfied with the hunts. If you can afford it I would recommend their whitetail hunting as well

jamesbalog
February 17th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I have been here twice and both times I was very satisfied with the hunts. If you can afford it I would recommend their whitetail hunting as well

What did you hunt when you were there?

jamesbalog
February 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM

rickson
February 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM
My cousin did this...you go out to a stand and they push the hogs past you. If you miss they drive around on their gator thing and push them back by...ha ha

Good meat though and it was the only time he ever got to shoot anything with a bow....

mathews86
February 17th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I heard good things its only 40 mins away from me and they are all good people

jamesbalog
February 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM
My cousin did this...you go out to a stand and they push the hogs past you. If you miss they drive around on their gator thing and push them back by...ha ha

Good meat though and it was the only time he ever got to shoot anything with a bow....

That's not exactly what I wanted to hear... but thanks for the review

Sorek
February 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I hunted boar there and had a good time

Cornfed
February 17th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I've talked to a couple of people that hunted the place. One guy that took his son their for his 1st kill. They said that they actually had the guide lead them to one group of "rams"..... walked to within 15-20 yards of them and shot.... they swore that the critters acted totally tame! At the shot the ram just kept walking, turned and looked at 'em, his son ended up shooting it 4 more times and felt terrible about it..... the stupid thing just kept walking until it fell over!!! LOL! The pig hunts were equally entertaining..... they shot a small pig and when the "guide" showed up to track it..... they said a group of other pigs showed up and actually followed them within kicking distannce (he honestly said at one point they kicked away a couple of them who were obviously expecting feed like a domestic pig).... pretty "wild" experience. LOL! To me, it really sounds like the type of place that gives high fenced places a BAD rep!!! It's certainly not for me. On the bright side..... it certainly sounds like you WILL kill something! LOL!

buckmaster27
February 17th, 2011, 11:26 PM
i hunted their in 2002 and ted was their hunted hogs had a good time

txcookie
February 17th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Man he hunts there all the time on his show. Looks like a good place the critters always run when they here a bow go off and you never see anything hang around after the shot or in the back ground. Rams are dumb and act like cattle you hunt them in their home land they act about the same.

jamesbalog
February 18th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Keep um coming guys. I don't want to walk 15ft from the critter and shoot it. Are all the exotics places this way?

Gunpowder
February 18th, 2011, 01:45 AM
When sitting in the deer stand w/ my 10 yr old, we can sometimes hear cows form the local herd. We talked about selling cow hunts. Wonder if there's a market?