Archery Talk Forum banner

Colorado help

437 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wannaBelkhuntin 
#1 ·
what would best the best unit to hunt in with an over the counter tag in colorado?

#2 ·
What are you hunting for? What Season? How much time do you have to spend scouting? I speak from experience when I say, you just can't roll into town a expect to get lucky. There's already 10,000+ other guys from out of state trying that approach. If your gonna spend the money and expect to be successful, then it's gonna cost you a lot of time, pre-hunt education/research, and miles on your boots. If you don't have the time and right mindset to do all of these things, it will end up an expensive field trip, but you will learn a valuable and costly lesson in the mean time. Or pay a professional guide to do all the above for you, but I think the "do-it-yourself" approach would feel much more rewarding. My two cents for what it's worth.

#5 ·
http://wildlife.state.co.us/hunting/
First check out the Colorado DOW site at the above link. I highly recommend the Elk Hunting University section. Once you decide what and where you want to hunt then come back and ask specific questions. Also check out the Western Forum at the top of the page.
Good Luck Dave

Also search Elk or Bear on here and you should find tons of stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.