PDA

View Full Version : Set Screws?

spencer12
March 30th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Hey guys i was wondering where i could get 2 set screws for my axcel armortech sight i took it off today and somehow managed to strip the threads.. anyway i got it off but need to get 2 more anyone know where to get them from maybe directly through axcel sights?

OHIOBUCK
March 30th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Any local hardware store would have them. Take the sight with you so you get the right thread.

Stanley
March 30th, 2011, 11:24 AM
True value and Ace carry a lot of bolts & screws.

Target Tony
March 30th, 2011, 11:29 AM
you also might want to consider a tap for that screw thread. if you stripped the screw threads, it possible you damaged the holes as well. run the tap in to clean up the hole and then put the screws in.

Tony

Ohbowhunter815
March 30th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Generally if you damaged or stripped the set screws there is probably more damage to female threads. Make sure you check them out. screws are usually tougher than what there screwed into. Good luck.

double o
March 30th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I would send it back to axcel. I'm sure they would take care of you.

spencer12
March 30th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks guys I was a little worried but im guessing its no big deal im going to make sure everythings ok with the sight as some of you suggested also thanks.

Gordon21
March 30th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Any decent hardware store or big box store will have the screws. However, it will be definitely worth $5 to buy a tap to clean the threads. Do NOT use your new screw you bought for $0.44 to do that. You mention a sight, but I assume the screws go into the bow riser itself. Either way, it would not be cool to ruin a bow or a sight when you can prevent that for $5. You will not need any special tools to use the tap as long as you have fingers.

B&C_less
March 30th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I got a bunch at True Value, it's a good idea to get xtra, some longer ones too, you always have a need for them later on, and some setups might require a longer bolt.

AERO63
March 30th, 2011, 04:28 PM
When you pick them up from your hardware store be sure to stay away from stainless steel screws my man...just FYI.