PDA

View Full Version : Here we come Florida!!

Meister
May 25th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Finally scheduled some vacation time to head to Florida! The girlfriend and I will be staying at a friends place in Ft Myers.. Ive never really been in Florida for "vacation", however I used to race at quite a few motocross tracks through out the state.. Mainly stayed at tracks though.. Like another fellas post in this Florida section, just looking for advice on cool things to do.. Plan on relaxing, heading out on the boat, usual vacation things.. However, 1 day I am contemplating doing a little hog hunting if I can find somewhere nearby.. Not really trophy hunting, just looking for a meat hog.. Killed loads of whitetails, but I figure while im down there, I may look into whackin a hog! Anyone have any suggestions? Any willing property owners want a pig or two taken off the property? Anyone willing, if your ever in Ohio, I could put you on some good public property and possibly on some private property depending on what your looking to shoot! My new Hoyt will be here any time and I plan to have it set up and become comfy with the bow before vacation so I can bring it along with us.. We will be in Florida the week of June 27th.. Anyways, any tips for hogs or suggestions on cool things to check out near Ft Myers would be greatly appreciated!

Meister
June 8th, 2011, 05:04 PM
No where eh?

Doeslayer13
June 8th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Im goin to Navare or however you spell it!

soflanut
June 9th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Google hog hunting in Florida. Many places around, year round hunting on private land. Outfitters start at 200 and up. Can't help much with Ft Myers, since I live on the opposite coast.

dx2
June 9th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Lots of hogs in that area, but mostly just private land hunting for hogs this time of year so you'd have to find a property owner with hogs that is willing to let you on (can be tough because folks down here like to hunt hogs just like you guys like to hunt whitetails in OH) or go to an outfitter for a day. Also, many outfitter's places are fenced for hogs. Okeechobee Outfitters is a big outfit not too far from that area - on the pricey side, but first class from what I have read. You can spot and stalk (hogs don't see real well) or hunt near a feeder and they practically guarantee a kill.

I know the hog hunting is tempting for an obvious bow-a-holic like yourself (the classic gear in your sig gave it away), but I'd spend my money on fishing instead.

Enjoy.

Meister
June 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Free fishing! My buddy im staying with has all the gear and lives on an inlet with two boats ready to float out! Trust me, we`ll be on the water!

Thanks for the heads up about the pigs guys!

dx2
June 9th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Free fishing! My buddy im staying with has all the gear and lives on an inlet with two boats ready to float out! Trust me, we`ll be on the water!

Sweet, but ya still might want to help fill the cooler and maybe with gas and bait....although, living on an inlet it sounds like he might be loaded so maybe not. :shade:

Sounds like a good time for sure. Great fishing down there.

Meister
June 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Lol... I intend to help out as much as I can.. However, you may be on to something and I may not "be allowed" to do so.. Found a place that sounds pretty good for the pigs though! I`ll update this as it gets closer..