Austria point of contact for some great 3D action [Archive] - ArcheryTalk Forum: Archery Target, Bowhunting, Classifieds, Chat

: Austria point of contact for some great 3D action

February 8th, 2005, 10:39 AM
If you are headed to Europe and want to take part in some fantastic 3D archery in the beautiful Austrian Alps, check out this web site!
Johannes Horngacher (shop owner and member of the Austrian Archery Association) speaks great english and can direct you to some action in several neighboring countries as well. :cool:

March 1st, 2005, 04:16 AM
Are you reading my mind? :cool: I was looking for archery stores in Austria. Unfortunately, I don't speak German, so I couldn't really navigate through the site...

Could you pls help me? I'm looking for a Hoyt (recurve) dealer in Vienna.

March 1st, 2005, 11:42 AM
Check PM

March 2nd, 2005, 04:16 PM
You too :D
Thanks, I replied!

Raymond v. Halm
March 20th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Is there a list for 3D's in the second half of august this year?
I am passing trough Austria....
Might as well join in then.

March 21st, 2005, 03:49 PM
Hi Raymon!

I have a link ( for you with some archeryevents form july to sept.
When I hear from any other nice shots at that time I'll try to write you about it. Woud be nice to hear from you if you are going to join a shot.

Raymond v. Halm
March 21st, 2005, 04:52 PM
Cool !
I will check it out and see what my possibilities are.

April 12th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Could someone please inform about the rules theese shoots follows?
I am used to a bowhunters division that demands 125 grs points and 4" vanes, and a traditional division that covers both trad. longbows and recurves, but where only wood arrows are allowed. Max distance in both divisions are 30 metres - approx 33 yards.

April 12th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Wer spricht Deutsch hier? Ich habe seit September gelernt, aber jetzt will ich über das Bogenschießen lernen auf Deutsch. Wer kann mich helfen, bitte? Vielen Dank! ;) :D

Raymond v. Halm
April 13th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Clickerati, du must mir etwas lernen....
Ich spreche Deuts ein klein beetje.... :confused:
Ich schiess dahr sehr viel, aber sprechen.....nicht so gut.... :sad:

I try...

April 13th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Sorry, but I didn't tell you, the link I posted above, schows two typs of archery tournaments. 3D and FITA.
I'm think , most of you saw it, but I'll post it, just to be am the save side.

When you shoot a Longbow, you must have wooden arrows and "real" feathers, no plastic
The distance depends on the organizer, they can go to 54m. But most of the targets are in a distance between 10 and 35 meters.