PDA

View Full Version : Indoor archery range in MO

PHBUCK
February 9th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Hey, guys there is a place in Lexington, MO that has indoor 3d range out to 50 yards with over 20 targets. They also have the dart system which you can shoot back to 40 yards. Plus, an indoor spot range out to 50 yards. The name of the place is Big River Archery Range. I went by there today and it is a great place spent all day there. It just opened so everyone needs to try it out. :D :D
The phone numbers are 660-259-6755 or 660-232-1126.

BowTechMO
February 9th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Sounds great..........there is one opening (or possibly open by now) in Liberty as well!

kcarchermo
February 10th, 2005, 12:48 PM
:D I live close to liberty that will be great for me. There's nobody close that has a place to shoot indoors.Would you let me know if you here any more about the one in liberty...........

Thanks
kcarchermo

BowTechMO
February 10th, 2005, 01:14 PM
kcarchermo,

It's "Andy's Archery". He's hoping to open this spring. He will have the DART system, and indoor shooting as well. Not sure if it will have the huge indoor 3D that the lexington one has.

I guess we can just wait and see.

ps, I'm headed to lexington tomorrow to check the new place out. I'm excited to get out there!

dhunt1
February 10th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Lexington,so how far is that from Lees Summit? Liberty would be good!

PHBUCK
February 10th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Lexington is right down 24hwy probably 30 mins from Blue Springs. It is a great place they are also forming leagues.

BowTechMO
February 11th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Checked this place out today.........VERY impressive. They have large Block targets for spot shooting and McKenzie 3d's downstairs....and lets not forget the DART system. Great shop/range!

Now, if I could only pick it up and move it to Lees Summit......I'd be there every day!

FYI - There is a tournament tomorrow night from 6-10

kcarchermo
February 12th, 2005, 06:16 AM
The place that you are talking about is that the one in Liberty MO. If so I was told he hopeing he will be open in April 2005.

Keep me posted

Thanks
kcarchermo

BowTechMO
February 12th, 2005, 06:50 PM
The place I went is in Lexington. The Liberty shop is going to be "Andy's Archery", and he's hoping for a March open date.........

Go check the range in Lexington out......it's worth the drive!

dhunt1
February 12th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Bowtech what part of Lees Summit are you from? Do you remember KC archery when they were open?

BowTechMO
February 12th, 2005, 10:47 PM
I'm actually in Lone Jack. I dont remember KC Archery.....I was probably in Oregon or Colorado when they were around. Just moved here in 2002.

Meata
February 13th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the info. I called one of the numbers and obtained the following information:

WEEKEND HOURS: Saturday and Sunday 12NOON 10PM

block targets:
$5 for the 1st hour - $8 all day

3-D:
$8 FOR 20 targets (I think it was 20)

Located at:
9TH and Franklin

I will be checking it out next weekend.

February 13th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Bowtech how did you end up in lonejack from colorado or oregon

BowTechMO
February 13th, 2005, 10:12 PM
I'm orriginally from this area......I went to school in Oregon and worked there and Colorado for a while (7-8years). Now I work for a KC based Company.....gave me a reason to move back to turkey and whitetail heaven!

kcarcherguy
February 17th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Hoping you Kansas City-area guys could give me some information on 3D shoots at clubs around the KC area. I haven't shot 3D (or a bow for that matter) in probably 12 years and am trying to find some good places to shoot now that I'm back into it.

I'm a member of Tri County Rod and Gun Club in Linwood, KS (west of Bonner Springs) and they put on a pretty good shoot monthly, but that leaves three weekends open to shoot other places.

I recall a group somewhere in Kansas called Santa Fe bowhunters, but can't recall their location, and haven't found anything on the net...Perhaps they're no more.

Any suggestions/information/opinions on the local 3D "circuit" would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aaron

Meata
February 19th, 2005, 10:16 PM
The best list that I know of is on the back of the "Release" published by Missouri Bow Hunters (MBH). To join see http://www.missouribowhunters.org. This Sunday the 20th there is one in Marshall and one in Lincoln Missouri.

shortstuffpj
February 19th, 2005, 11:52 PM
A place opening up in Liberty!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
This is the best news I've seen all week! I'm in Liberty!!! Keep me posted please! Is it April yet?????????

kcarchermo
February 20th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I feel the same way.I heard that he was a nice guy. I hope he will have a indoor league. I live about 15 min. away I drove buy there yesterday they were working on the roof It looks like a Martin building it does'nt look as wide as it does long but it will work for me......... :D :D :D

ultramax
February 24th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Somebody PLEASE open one in Columbia.100,000 people and no Indoor range or even an outdoor 3d range. Thanks Columbia Area Archers for the one good outdoor target range.

dhunt1
February 25th, 2005, 07:34 AM
I spoke with Wally at the Lex. shop and if there is enough interest hell have league shoots. Spots and 3-d. Im going to stop by sometime this weekend and check it out.

Shawn
February 25th, 2005, 02:22 PM
dhunt1,
I would be interested and would have a few tag alongs

ultramax
February 27th, 2005, 09:49 PM
She can only be a tag along if she has any arrows left. :D

dhunt1
February 28th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Lexingtons Big River Archery is a well thought out all purpose shop that will supply a shooter with any shootnig needs. I made the mistake of taking nothing but a Debit card to his place,well there not setup to take them but he let me and myson shoot anyway as long as i would advertise his place. I owe Wally for that. Nice bunch of guys that really need our support. They dont have everything on the walls yet but they will soon.I liked there selection of Bowtech,Diamond and Martin bows. I beleive he said he was getting Mathews also. If i could only talk him into Dartons next.Well its still a good shop to visit. You sure cant miss the yellow door! WOW!

lee2me
March 3rd, 2005, 04:07 AM
I'm from Richmond, its VERY good to here of the shop in Lex. will drop by later today thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!! originaly from the springfield area and was a gitin cabin fever. again thanks