PDA

View Full Version : fl hogs

kevinsulikowski
June 15th, 2011, 10:53 PM
wife is thinking of flying down for a few days in july to orlando is there and good hog hunting outside the orlando area?

jwcunningham
June 22nd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Might want to look into the Polk county area, there are many areas around there that offer some outstanding hog hunting!

kevinsulikowski
June 23rd, 2011, 12:51 AM
looks like im giving up on you florida guys only one guide service called back out of 4 and they dont seen to know enough for me to send them any money.

firehuntfish
June 23rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
I have a close friend who offers incredible hog hunting from a 5000 acre private ranch he manages near Sebring, Fl..... Sebring is about 1.5 hours south of Orlando. Definately worth the drive. You can spot and stalk or hunt from a tree stand, ground blind, etc.. You can use a bow, rifle, handgun, whatever...He will accommodate any request. My suggestion is to hunt a feeder this time of year for the best chance of success. With no acorns and drought down here right now, they are hitting the feeders hard...He charges a flat rate and no BS trophy fees for a trophy boar hog like some of these outfitters try to do... The website is Arbuckle Marsh Outfitters. His contact info is Bob Mayworth #863-381-2438. Tell him Dan Leahy recommended him. I guarantee he will give you a great experience.

JustinPollard
June 23rd, 2011, 03:33 PM
He's A Good Guy Alot Of Hog In Highlands County

kevinsulikowski
June 23rd, 2011, 05:14 PM
sent pm

another one i was thinking of going with was Chappys outfitters but problem I have is i cant find a butcher to process it before i leave for home.

dragonsfire311
June 26th, 2011, 03:26 AM
try ross hammock ranch its in hernando county about an hour from orlando, if you know anyone with land in the area, legal to hunt them year round on private land.

kevinsulikowski
June 26th, 2011, 05:55 PM
wish i did know someone with land the sister in law lives in port orange but she doesnt have any land. looks like in going to pass on the hog hunt this trip thinking of driving down in Feb for 10 days may do it then this way i can save on some cost.