PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Miami

NateUK
July 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
So I'm moving to Miami in a few weeks...coming from Alabama. I've done some research and it looks like there are a few good clubs in the area. Anybody have advice on the best ways to get involved? My main interest is in 3D, but I shoot indoor and field as well. My busy time for work is between August and December, so I may not be able to get out much until January, but I'd still like to see what I can get involved with. Also, is there any kind of bow hunting in south Florida? Thanks for any input you have.

JuniorsOutdoor
July 4th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Everglades Archers is a great club. I'm from up in Palm Beach so I end up shooting there a few times a year. If you are into field, they host the North American Field Archery championship every year. Very fun shoot. Lots of 3D as well. Visit there website and it should have all the info you need to get rolling.

As far as bowhunting, there is opportunity here but it is very difficult unless you pay to go somewhere or join a lease. Public land is very crowded here. Lots of hogs in South Florida, but you are going to have to get closer to Lake O to get to them.

NateUK
July 4th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the information Juniors. I have looked through the Everglades Archers website and I definitely look forward to getting down there and getting involved. I figured that's how hunting would be, but who knows what can happen. Anybody else have advice?

soflanut
July 5th, 2011, 12:16 AM
You also have Fort Lauderdale Archers as another choice. http://www.fortlauderdalearchers.com/

AGPank
July 6th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm here in Fort Lauderdale and shoot at Fort Lauderdale. We have one of the few lit ranges that I'm aware of. You can shoot 24/7. Most of the 3D is in the winter there is a 6 tourney traveling league that just finished; we shoot at 3 different ranges (Ft lauderdale, Gold Coast, and Everglades). Fort Myers has a 3d shoot once a month and it's about a 2hr drive. We've pushed most of the shoots to avoid July and August.