PDA

View Full Version : plans for paper tuning jig?

D-Bak
March 1st, 2005, 09:00 PM
put this is the wrong forum i think........ do any of you guys hav any plans to make ur own paper tuning jig????? thank you

PA.JAY
March 1st, 2005, 09:05 PM
DON'T have them written down go to gander mt. look @ theirs it's PVC run to LOWES while it's still fresh in your mind & get the PVC. the paper you can get from any auto parts store the sells paint.

2ndchance
March 1st, 2005, 09:22 PM
if you search there are several threads with pics. :cool:

Mexican 3D
March 1st, 2005, 10:28 PM
bulding a paper tuning frame its very easy. atually, all you need is a frame.

you need: 4 T shaped pieces of pvc
2 pvc elbows
10 pvc pipes

first, put a pipe holding the 2 elbows together.
then, put a pipe in the other end of the elbows.
grab 2 Ts and put them in the end of that pipes.
put another pipe holding the 2 Ts together. (now you have a square frame)
NOTE: the T must have a free end pointing downards.

now, put another 2 pipes in the ends of the Ts.
now grab the other 2 T and put them in the end, with the free ends pointing to the front and back.
finally, put the other 4 pipes in the 4 free ends of the Ts. this will make it stable so it wont fall.

clear as mud, right?? :D

Dthbyhoyt
March 1st, 2005, 11:07 PM
check out my set-up , Make it as wide has you like it and as tall , 1" pvc Pipe
I used an old gold tip arrow to hold the paper roll which is freezer paper

Bert2
March 1st, 2005, 11:14 PM
I built mine out of 2x4's and I use a staple gun to hold the paper on . . . but those other designs above are a lot slicker.

Jorge Oliveira
March 1st, 2005, 11:34 PM
If one can hang the paper from the roof, all that is needed are 2 arrows, thread and paper...

Kelsnore
March 2nd, 2005, 12:00 AM
check out my set-up , Make it as wide has you like it and as tall , 1" pvc Pipe
I used an old gold tip arrow to hold the paper roll which is freezer paper

DthbyHoyt. Is that a couple of arrow holes in that Hoyt banner on the back wall? I feel your pain!! :D :D :D

nicebucks275
March 2nd, 2005, 07:36 AM
Dth that picture looks like the one I just built a couple weeks ago.Pvc is the way to go if you dont glue the base and frame to each other it makes it easy to store.

Dthbyhoyt
March 2nd, 2005, 11:38 AM
DthbyHoyt. Is that a couple of arrow holes in that Hoyt banner on the back wall? I feel your pain!! :D :D :D
Yea I had a couple of Mathew shooters here and well ya see what happened! No just kidding them are black thunm tacks.

Jerry/NJ
March 2nd, 2005, 11:48 AM
I hang mine in my basement and hang it from the floor joists. I use an old storm window frame with paper clamps to hold the tractor feed type computer paper. Works great !

bcriner
March 2nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
How is the paper held in place? Is is passing through the pvc pipe? I was planning on building one of these, but cannot decide best how to hold the paper tight. Can you show a couple of close up pics of the paper held in place?

Thanks

Dthbyhoyt
March 2nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
Dth that picture looks like the one I just built a couple weeks ago.Pvc is the way to go if you dont glue the base and frame to each other it makes it easy to store.
Rockingham ? you are only 40 min away , I am in Raeford

Dthbyhoyt
March 2nd, 2005, 12:07 PM
How is the paper held in place? Is is passing through the pvc pipe? I was planning on building one of these, but cannot decide best how to hold the paper tight. Can you show a couple of close up pics of the paper held in place?

Thanks
Cut a piece of PVC to fit and drill and bolt.

Dthbyhoyt
March 2nd, 2005, 12:12 PM

Thanks
Loosen top & bottom and pull from the top , works great .

MrPike
March 2nd, 2005, 09:44 PM
I built mine from PVC pipe as others have described so that it can be taken down for storage.

To hold the paper, I bought a roll of magnetic stripping from a craft store and glued that on the top and bottom of the frame. Makes it easy to change paper quickly and is good enough to hold it snug.

1iarrowking
March 3rd, 2005, 10:16 AM
;) Here's mine as posted about three years ago.

kyhunter
March 3rd, 2005, 10:27 PM
I built one like the 1st picture. glued everything but one of the elbows on the top and the 2 feet. I pull the one unglued end out and slide a roll of freezer paper over it then press the elbow back in place. I then just use a spring loaded plastic clamp on the top pipe over the roll and one on the middle pipe holding the paper. thats the simplest and cheapest I could come up with.

Inspector
March 6th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Imitation is the best form of flattery :)

Jbird
March 6th, 2005, 11:47 AM
What are the best sources for THIN paper on rolls? I have some paper that I got at Lowes but it is like cardboard and doesn't show the suttle things.
Jbird

Inspector
March 6th, 2005, 12:07 PM
What I have on my frame is 18" freezer paper that is wax coated on one side. It is stiff enough to give good definition without restricting the tear. I tried auto body masking paper and it works good also but the tears on the freezer paper are more defined.

boxxer
March 6th, 2005, 02:26 PM
i USE A LADDER AND A STAPLE GUN WORKS GREAT

1iarrowking
March 6th, 2005, 03:32 PM
;) I get my paper at an auto body suppy store. It's the paper they use for masking a car for painting. It's the best I've found.

Unk Bond
March 6th, 2005, 04:21 PM
;) Here's mine as posted about three years ago.
---------------

Hello
I like this and understand it all but the top where the bolts go .Would you have a picture of a end view of the top.

Thanks
Later
Unk :)

Inspector
March 6th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Hope these pics help. Just to let you know, this cost less than $20 to build. Most of the cost was the fusion spray paint which cost $7.00.

1iarrowking
March 6th, 2005, 08:23 PM
---------------

Hello
I like this and understand it all but the top where the bolts go .Would you have a picture of a end view of the top.

Thanks
Later
Unk :)

;) Is this what you want to see?

Unk Bond
March 6th, 2005, 09:08 PM
;) Is this what you want to see?

Hello ] You bet .Now i understand it completely.

And sure appreciate you sharing this with me.

Good job, thanks
Later
Unk. :)

thruthevitals
March 7th, 2005, 07:46 AM
I cut the bottom out of a cardboard box and use masking tape to fasten computer paper over the opening. Fold it back up when im done and can take it anywhere. Saw it on a video.