PDA

View Full Version : Allegiance tuning

alain
March 1st, 2005, 11:26 PM
I need your opinion on this i was shooting my allegiance today it was shooting great but i was looking at my string and the arrow rest and the sight to see if they were in line and the sight was way to the left (right hand bow) i was shooting bullet hole like this. When you shoot with a release i think they suppose to be all in line. what do you think? :o

travisc406
March 1st, 2005, 11:34 PM
I have had alot of bows in the last few years and all of mine are off to the right and I am left handed. I bullet hole too.... It is just the way you look through your peep I beleive, don't worry about it!!!!! :D

alain
March 1st, 2005, 11:56 PM
Thanks travisc! I just make some tuning with the arrow rest and the center shot was off but i didnt have the chance to shoot it a 20 yards, maybe it was that? I will try it tomorrow.

Kelsnore
March 1st, 2005, 11:56 PM
I set most peoples sight in line. My personal bows are always tuned with the sight outside of center. Out of all of the quality shooters around us, I only know of 3 that sight outside! I always say that I,m a freak for it. The best part is 2 of the guys are farther outside than me. They're bigger freaks!
It is something (never studied it) about how I hold the bow. Every single bow I set up center, I shoot left with. At least I'm consistent! :D :eek: :D

vodekz
March 2nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
The center is not above the grip. Allegiance and Old Glory what I have tried the have the same problem. For me this is not acceptable. I could tune the bow shoot but it is not natural for me. :cool:
I like the bow but I plan to wait and see next 2006 model.I believe Bowtech will improved this bow.

Vodekz

archerycenter
March 4th, 2005, 07:16 PM
You guys are funny.

It's all in the way you grip your bow, or look through your peep, or even if the draw length is a little short or long.

on some of my bows the sight is a little to the left (RH bow) and some they are in line. There is no real scientific answer here. If you are aiming at something and you hit it, is there really anything wrong? :rolleyes:

Don't look to the bow for the answers, look at your shooting form. That is if you believe there is something wrong. I believe that we look for problems that really don't exsist.

Set the bow up, sight it in, and shoot it. If you hit what you are aiming at, call it a day. Enjoy this sport, don't second guess everything and try to find answers to questions that really don't make sence.

Aim hard, shoot straight, and have fun.

Dave Nowlin
March 5th, 2005, 12:38 AM
On every bow I have owned in the last 5 years the sight pin has been to the left of my string on my right hand bows. I used to think this was a torquing issue. Today I shoot a No-Peep and it will show you any torquing of the grip immediately. I'm not torquing the grip. If you walk back tune your bow, where you shoot at the same spot on a target from 20, 30, 40 & 50 yards and all of the arrows fall on a vertical line then obviously your center shot is right. So if the pin is to the left of the string it could be caused by limb tip flex from side pressure exerted by the cable guide rod or maybe it's caused by the tooth fairy. What difference does it make as long as your bow is shooting very well.
Dave Nowlin

olehemlock
March 5th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Dave hit it rite on the head. When your cams roll over and the force of the limbs is transfered from the string to the cables, this will increase the pressure on the cable guide rod. This increase in pressure will turn the riser at full draw. When the riser is turned at full draw thats when everything aligns. This is the primary function of a 3rd axis on a sight, to square the site back to the shooter at full draw.