PDA

View Full Version : AT is making m life suck

dbertram85
October 1st, 2011, 08:08 PM
I went out hunting tonight had a small buck come by so i passed on it, Then later in the evening i had 2 does and a fawn come in the fawn gave me a perfect broadside shot but the does didnt give me the perfect shot. Then when the does got out to about 70 yards they were broadside by the time i could get my "form" perfect they were out of range.

So pretty much i didnt get a deer tonight because almost everyone on AT said not to shoot

HAHA just kidding on the deer part but thats how it seem!!

Liv4Rut
October 1st, 2011, 08:16 PM
I passed up a 190inch 9 pointer the other night because I didn't think he would get ATs approval since he didn't have an even number of tines. Plus, I didn't have a slick trick nocked at the time. I feel your pain....... ;)

ahunter55
October 1st, 2011, 08:31 PM
I could have shot any one of 3 Does & 2 fawns @ 15 yds. but I'm giving all those slick heads a pass again this year. I really don't care about the AT "how to" fellas-I do it MY way n thats what makes me happy...

yellodog
October 1st, 2011, 08:48 PM
if i even think i'll disappoint anyone here on AT, i won't shoot. i'm very sensitive.

gridman
October 1st, 2011, 09:09 PM
I passed up a 190inch 9 pointer the other night because I didn't think he would get ATs approval since he didn't have an even number of tines. Plus, I didn't have a slick trick nocked at the time. I feel your pain....... ;)

dont sweat it, he will be a shooter next year

BLan
October 1st, 2011, 09:11 PM

I thought you were going to say because he was only 3 1/2 and you kept hearing, I'd give him another year or two."

mn5503
October 1st, 2011, 09:15 PM
I had a couple does at 300 yards this evening and I passed on them too. I could hear all the comments about taking 300 yard shots with a bow, just wasn't worth it...

nnelzon23
October 1st, 2011, 09:24 PM
I had a couple does at 300 yards this evening and I passed on them too. I could hear all the comments about taking 300 yard shots with a bow, just wasn't worth it...

I don know if that is true? You are on AT so you are probably more than capable of shooting dime size groups out to 300.

ullr88
October 1st, 2011, 09:29 PM
These replies are making me laugh out loud!

iwantone2.4
October 1st, 2011, 09:36 PM
Well still nothing compared to my 250" buck i passed cause he needed another year and i didnt have rage on my arrows and my bow burning 450 FPS with triple shooting arrows with a 12x scope wasnt ready at the time. I did shoot one though but do you think hes dead?? i hit him in the hind quarters, it had to be the broadheads fault i didnt get him.

WEEGEE
October 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
i passed on a b&c last yr...because i could see the high fence at the ball park(back stop) and i knew i'd get flammed..

rgcanfield86
October 1st, 2011, 09:46 PM
I know, I couldnt even bring myself to draw my bow today on opening day. Looked down, no Rage, no Lumenoks, No Mathews bow, no Summit stand and no Chevy truck to throw the deer in. Besides, the were all within 60 yards and that is way to close, they might jump the string and make me give them the old Texas heart shot.

nnelzon23
October 1st, 2011, 09:46 PM
i passed on a b&c last yr...because i could see the high fence at the ball park(back stop) and i knew i'd get flammed..

Perfect!

7thSeal
October 1st, 2011, 09:49 PM
I went out hunting tonight had a small buck come by so i passed on it, Then later in the evening i had 2 does and a fawn come in the fawn gave me a perfect broadside shot but the does didnt give me the perfect shot. Then when the does got out to about 70 yards they were broadside by the time i could get my "form" perfect they were out of range.

So pretty much i didnt get a deer tonight because almost everyone on AT said not to shoot

HAHA just kidding on the deer part but thats how it seem!!

Once you start hunting according to others platter then its no longer hunting but looking for approval.

bohunter09
October 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM
Since I learned that you can only shoot feathers indoors, I'm having a hard time getting deer to come in the house.

robbbinhoodx
October 1st, 2011, 10:01 PM
you would havbe missed her anyway!

hunt365
October 1st, 2011, 10:05 PM
You could have called it a cull buck.

Arobie120
October 1st, 2011, 10:12 PM
i didnt shoot nothing today, been on AT all day

dbertram85
October 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
I cant believe anyone would dare writing anything like you guys are. Someone is probrably going to get pissed and make us feel bad!!

zap
October 1st, 2011, 10:41 PM
:toothy2:

ozzz
October 1st, 2011, 10:45 PM
You put a Rage on and you can take that shot bro!

D3TH_OVRH3D
October 1st, 2011, 10:46 PM
i didnt shoot nothing today, been on AT all day

LOL This is where the big bucks are!

iceman14
October 1st, 2011, 10:53 PM
Haha! Best thread ever!

justanotherbuck
October 1st, 2011, 11:01 PM
i shot a doe fawn this morning,so it looks like im hunting deer,and not going to the bar having bloody marys,then when i return home i catch slack from my 5 year daughter,that i did not shoot a daddy deer,god she has to stay off of AT

gdcpony
October 1st, 2011, 11:04 PM
My friend shot a tiny 7pt today and I refused to help him drag it out because he should have passed. So he and his 4yr old daughter did it. I also thought it unethical that he used a broadhead that had been used before and not replaced. Same arrow too! Such a scumbag! I can't understand why I ever called him friend! Never going to talk to him again. Oh and he shot at 25yds and we all KNOW 20yds is the max ethical range!

(JK- he taught me to hunt and is my best friend so of course I drug for him!)

I won't mention the gut pile I found at the end of my bloodtrail last weekend on public land. That must've been an X-bow shooter right? Of course, if I had used a Rage it would have died on the spot or never right?

Fortyneck
October 1st, 2011, 11:11 PM
Because of AT I think the only ethical way to take a deer is to jump on his back from a tree armed only with a blanket and a set of brass-knuckles.

phoenix5724
October 1st, 2011, 11:15 PM
Just call a doe a doe.

kydirtbag
October 1st, 2011, 11:19 PM
I'm glad that I read this thread before making my 1st trip in the woods this season. I now know that im going to have to buy a new bow (mathews of course) & not use my elite e500 & my swhackers. I better go buy some crappy rage & only shoot a even point 4 year old.
Thanks guys for the heads up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rowdy25
October 1st, 2011, 11:20 PM
Whack em and stack em. I shot Veal two weeks ago, everyone thought it was the best Venison they ever had. Keep it up. Your end results will be 0 deer this year. Does are good practice too.

Rowdy25
October 1st, 2011, 11:22 PM
I learned alot on this forum, but are we pro's?? Dont let your hunt be judged by guys sitting at home on AT becouse thy're not out hunting. Armchair Hunters.

Fortyneck
October 1st, 2011, 11:28 PM
I'm glad that I read this thread before making my 1st trip in the woods this season. I now know that im going to have to buy a new bow (mathews of course) & not use my elite e500 & my swhackers. I better go buy some crappy rage & only shoot a even point 4 year old.
Thanks guys for the heads up

:no::vom:

crankn101
October 1st, 2011, 11:31 PM

solocam84
October 2nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
I was hunting in Iowa(because obviously that's the only place that has big bucks) and saw a playboy model shooting an expandable bh out of shoot through mesh, and the bad part is her bow was only getting around 125lb KE!!! I can't believe this crap!!! how unethical!!

JMaier
October 2nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
Because of AT I think the only ethical way to take a deer is to jump on his back from a tree armed only with a blanket and a set of brass-knuckles.

Get it on video and I have two crisp $50 bills for you.

yellodog
October 2nd, 2011, 09:15 AM
I learned alot on this forum, but are we pro's?? Dont let your hunt be judged by guys sitting at home on AT becouse thy're not out hunting. Armchair Hunters.

you're not sensitive enough. i hope you didn't hurt anyones feelings.

bcfr501
October 2nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Just about jumped out of my tree with a knife on a doe but she didn't present her self with a neck shot maybe later

TailChaser
October 2nd, 2011, 09:38 AM
Just about jumped out of my tree with a knife on a doe but she didn't present her self with a neck shot maybe later

That's not right. On the neck, you really need to go for the bottom. I like to lay covered in a salt lick, and when they stick their head down, "slash". Hard to do though, especially if they start licking you and it tickles, makes it hard to aim the knife.

Target Tony
October 2nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
thank you to all, i havent laughed this hard in a long time.

Tony

dbertram85
October 2nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
pretty soon if we all keep listening to these perfect hunters, we are all going to be treated like a poacher!

One eye
October 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
if i even think i'll disappoint anyone here on AT, i won't shoot. i'm very sensitive.
I am the opposite; I go out of my way to pi$$ off AT'ers and shoot only spikes!

Timmy Big Time
October 2nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Great now that this info has been posted the PETA lurkers here will know how to divide us hunters and end hunting forever.

hoytman63
October 2nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
well yesterday was the opener in PA and I had the new state record non typical broadside at 15 yards , was at full draw, pin tight behind his shoulder , then I realized i was using a rage broadhead and knew if i released my arro wit would only penetrate 3inches, then everyone would bash me for not using a fixed blade , so I let him walk

nnelzon23
October 2nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
well yesterday was the opener in PA and I had the new state record non typical broadside at 15 yards , was at full draw, pin tight behind his shoulder , then I realized i was using a rage broadhead and knew if i released my arro wit would only penetrate 3inches, then everyone would bash me for not using a fixed blade , so I let him walk

Good call!

tazman7
October 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
I passed on a 170 class buck, a 195 and a flathead last night because I wasn't sure whether or not I should shoot my rage or my slick trick, plus with the thought of him possibly running on the neighbors property and me not being on a first name bases with the game warden, state representatives, and Obama I decided to give them another year.

Plus the fact that I didn't have a safety harness, a handful of carabiners, a cell phone in my pocket, a catch net and padding under my stand made me leery of even climbing so I just stayed on the ground.

I wasn't sure if the wind was right or if it was going to be a full moon so that reinforced my decision to let those deer to live another season or two.

jlh42581
October 2nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
I wanted to hunt so I went out, then I remembered that its unethical to hunt in the rain so when the doe came to the water hole at 86 yards I hesitated. At that very second a buck stepped out at 6 yards and I was FORCED to take a shot even though I could only see his neck. I missed however because I didnt walkback/french/broadhead/paper/bareshaft tune my bow. No big deal I thought cause I had the playboy archery talk edition full of hotties. After review I needed to refresh the scrape I found on the way, in more than one way. Recognizing that I forgot to stand inside a pig smoker before leaving the house I quickly ran down to the creek and mixed up a bottle of DDW so that I could get a BBD while leaving and SBD in my carbon lined, forget the wind just hunt vanishing suit, all the while wondering why they dont make it in ASAT. On the way out, I encountered another GIANT 1 1/2 year old cull buck and I shot him in the guts with a slick trick so that leaves me here asking one simple question... do you think I will find this deer?

Fortyneck
October 2nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
I wanted to hunt so I went out, then I remembered that its unethical to hunt in the rain so when the doe came to the water hole at 86 yards I hesitated. At that very second a buck stepped out at 6 yards and I was FORCED to take a shot even though I could only see his neck. I missed however because I didnt walkback/french/broadhead/paper/bareshaft tune my bow. No big deal I thought cause I had the playboy archery talk edition full of hotties. After review I needed to refresh the scrape I found on the way, in more than one way. Recognizing that I forgot to stand inside a pig smoker before leaving the house I quickly ran down to the creek and mixed up a bottle of DDW so that I could get a BBD while leaving and SBD in my carbon lined, forget the wind just hunt vanishing suit, all the while wondering why they dont make it in ASAT. On the way out, I encountered another GIANT 1 1/2 year old cull buck and I shot him in the guts with a slick trick so that leaves me here asking one simple question... do you think I will find this deer?

Depends...

Did your slick trick open? :icon_1_lol:

bowmadness83
October 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
if i even think i'll disappoint anyone here on AT, i won't shoot. i'm very sensitive.I like you're style:)

jlh42581
October 2nd, 2011, 10:53 AM
Depends...

Did your slick trick open? :icon_1_lol:

In flight, thats why I hit him in the guts

Fortyneck
October 2nd, 2011, 11:08 AM
In flight, thats why I hit him in the guts

I got ya, thats why I don't use broadheads, can never get them to fly with FP at 20-80yrds, well being that it's a gut shot deer give him a minimum of 4 days, keep us posted, drink a bunch of tomato beer to celebrate, then get one of those dogs that are good at smelling buzzards and go get your trophy.

:thumbs_up Congrats!

tazman7
October 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
I got ya, thats why I don't use broadheads, can never get them to fly with FP at 20-80yrds, well being that it's a gut shot deer give him a minimum of 4 days, keep us posted, drink a bunch of tomato beer to celebrate, then get one of those dogs that are good at smelling buzzards and go get your trophy.

:thumbs_up Congrats!

But make sure that you check your rules and regulations regarding the use of dogs for buzzard tracking. If you have any doubts, check with the landowners and local game warden.

MichaelT
October 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
I decided not to jump on a really good deal on a brand new Bear Truth 2 because I knew if I mentioned I shoot a Bear Truth 2 here every one would say how I should be shooting a Hoyt/Mathews/Bowtech/PSE/.

......Wait no I didnt.

solocam84
October 2nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
you know if y'all would use a cruncher call the deer would walk right up to ya and you wouldn't have to worry about baiting them...just watch out for them louisianna swamp alien thingamajigs, I hear they love acorns and trail cams..

Whitefeather
October 2nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
I've come to the conclusion that i'm not gonna shoot anything, no matter what size, until I pick up some Rage bh's, cause all others are useless. NOT!

WEEGEE
October 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
well i hate to admit this but.........i did spill tinks 69 on me.......i know ,i know..i was soooooo scared....i knew i was going to be mounted by 'ol hang horn.....so i stayed up the tree 'til mom came and walked me back home.

kydirtbag
October 2nd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Well since I didn't ask permission to hunt my own land...I decided to go hunting anyway. I happened to see a 17 nontypical standing broadside drinking from the creek. He was 13 yards. Lo and behold I realized I picked up my elite e500 & with that bow I have swhackers. I passed because I knew that I would get ribbed here for not getting permission & for having my off brand stuff

HCA Iron Mace
October 2nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Get it on video and I have two crisp $50 bills for you.

And I got two more crisp $50.00 bills for you as well!!!

DarinB
October 2nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
Deer? *** is that?

I go hunting for the squirrel viewing, red-tailed hawk and woodpecker watching, and I had a wren land on my shoulder for a few seconds this morning. Becoming convinced that deer are an endangered species around where I sit in trees.... ;)

nockedup
October 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
These threads are more worthless than any other useless thread on this forum.
Too many damn whiners these days.

OP, check your spelling before you make a thread that just wastes bandwidth.

ahunter55
October 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Yesterday-I couldn't remember if I should wait until one was under 20 yds. or over 50.
Would my 3 blade fixed be good enough. I am using big old heavy aluminums & have NO IDEA what my arrow speed is. i'm only shooting 60#s so I guess they should be like 15 yds.. Was I high enough-only 12 feet. hmmmm, guess i'll go home & ask AT for pointers.
So, I just took a photo.

In reality slickheads get a pass from me for the time being & there were 10 total with 6 coming within 15 yds.. Oh, one was really big but she had 2 fawns & I'm kinda not a MaMa with baby shooter even though I see nothing wrong with someone doing it. I have shot plenty of yearling in the past for sure..
It WAS a great day to be out there thoguh...

Arobie120
October 3rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
I decided not to jump on a really good deal on a brand new Bear Truth 2 because I knew if I mentioned I shoot a Bear Truth 2 here every one would say how I should be shooting a Hoyt/Mathews/Bowtech/PSE/.

......Wait no I didnt.

PSE stink. I know, I own one.