PDA

View Full Version : Pin Problems

jamaro
March 2nd, 2005, 12:07 PM
Okay... This is the situation... I had been shooting my bow for a few months... Everything was fine... But I decided to paper tune the bow... SOOO I had to raise my rest... Great no big deal... I raised it and got some great holes... Then I tried to site in my bow... MAN.... My 20 yard pin is almost touching the top of the pin guard... I just don't like it that high.... SOOOO...I thought that I would just need to raise my peep site to straigthen things out... Well that did not work.. Any ideas??? I have a Trophy Taker Drop Away... I then got frustrated and started from scratch... So I place my pin gaurd in the middle postion and my rest in the middle position... When I use my squaring tool where does my loop need to be and where does my peep site need to be..

I know these are basic questions but I am pulling a blank..

jason
:cool:

UltraTecArcher
March 2nd, 2005, 02:48 PM
system when you where getting good holes, right?

Well, moving the peep up only to try to fix the sight would not work. You would have to move the entire sytem (peep and rest) up to keep the same impact point. If you are starting from scratch you can set your rest so that your arrow crosses through the center of your burger button hole, then set your knocking point square with your squaring tool to start. Make your adjustments from the knock end versuses the sight end and your sights/pin should be OK. Usually this will fix or prevent your problem. I experienced this once with a Mathews Conquest.

As for the peep sight once your knocking point is close, you can draw your bow with you eyes closed, anchor and relax, then open your eyes....have someone mark the spot on the string that you are looking at....ie where your peep should be set. You can repeat this once the peep is in the string to make fine tune adjustments before tying it in until it is perfect. Once you have it where you want it.....measure from the center of the knocking point to the center of the peep.....this measurement will always remain the same on this particular bosw set up,,,,and save you alot of time next time around.

Hope this helps,
J

jamaro
March 4th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Ultra...
Thanks for all the great ideas... I pretty much started from scratch....
I am going to take your suggestions and write everything down... It would be nice to have all this info in camp with me just incase something happesn...
Once again thank you

Jason

Spotshooter2
March 5th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Then I tried to site in my bow... MAN.... My 20 yard pin is almost touching the top of the pin guard... I just don't like it that high.... SOOOO...I thought that I would just need to raise my peep site to straigthen things out... Jamaro , if your 20 yard pin was at the top of your pin guard and you raised your peep up , you made it worse . You would have to lower your peep to lower your 20 yard pin away from the pin guard

jamaro
March 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
SpotS...
YOU NAILED IT... I was not thinking about my anchoring point... I finally got everything going well...
Once again thanks everybody

J-