PDA

View Full Version : Drop Away Problem

RodS
March 2nd, 2005, 05:51 PM
I have a Ripcord drop away arrow rest and when I draw the arrow back the rest comes up so hard it lifts the arrow off the rest and out of the capture arms. Any suggestions as to why and how to correct?

Steel Magnolia
March 2nd, 2005, 09:31 PM
I have the same problem with my Shaffer TEC-1. When you connect a cord to the buss/ctrl cables properly it is normally attached down near the bottom or below the grip. That way the force of the draw pulls the cable from the rest down instead of back and then down. If you don't put this cable near the bottom of the grip then you will always have a bent buss/ctrl cable at full draw. The speed from this makes the rest jump up fast thus bouncing your arrow off the rest. I have learned to draw slower at the last 1/3 to 1/4 of my draw cycle in order to prevent this. I don't know you could fix this unless you moved your cable connection point further up the buss/crtl cable thus slowing down the speed of the rest jumping up but then you will have more forward tension on the buss/ctrl cable. It is another one of trade offs. Just my .2

KV

JustCuz
March 2nd, 2005, 10:03 PM
Where do you have the rest timed to come up at? Is it at the last 1" of draw or is it earlier. I have the Ripcord and love it. I've no troulbe with the rest. I have it timed to come up at the last 1". Are you using the football or are you serving it in. I use the football and when I have the timing right where I want it. I'll serve above the football just so It won't move. Another thing is try placing above the bottom of the grip. Each bow is different just keep tinkering and you'll get it.

redman
March 2nd, 2005, 10:03 PM
connect the rest to the cable slide it will come up better not as fast

RodS
March 3rd, 2005, 02:46 AM
I am using the football and it is connected to the downward buss cable near the bottom of the grip it comes up about the last 1 to 2 inches of the draw and really fires the arrow up and off the rest. You cannot hook this rest to the cable slide it wears the cord out. Been there, tried that.

Mike 273
March 4th, 2005, 03:58 PM
move the string that pulls the rest into a position where when the bow is drawn the rest cable is as level to the rest as posible this way it does not jump up quick it will rise with your drawing back
Mike

Rickochet
March 5th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I have been using the RipCord and I have not had any problems with it like that. Is your rest free to move up without binding? Are you drawing smoothly? If your problems continue, call Keith at RipCord and he will get you fixed up! ;)

Kelsnore
March 5th, 2005, 10:21 PM
I have been using the RipCord and I have not had any problems with it like that. Is your rest free to move up without binding? Are you drawing smoothly? If your problems continue, call Keith at RipCord and he will get you fixed up! ;)

I agree with ricochet. If your rest is installed properly you must be drawing back your bow to fast. The Rip is like most drops that are cord acuated. Could your cable slide be sticking right before your rests slams up?