PDA

View Full Version : string not plum, cam spacers opposite top and bottom

willride4food
October 6th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Hey all I am shooting a LH Parker buck hunter and have recently made some changes and have been trying to tune it back, but I just noticed that my string is not plum with the bow. If I stand back it become more obvious that it is running on a slight diagonal. Than I noticed that on my top limb the wider spacer is on the left (draw length module side). On the bottom cam the wider spacer is on the right side(string side). To me it seems like this may have been assembled incorrectly but I could be wrong. It seems to be shooting ok considering. Does anyone know if this sounds right? I can post a few pics if needed and any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

bfisher
October 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I'm fairly familiar with the bow and if it's still the dual cam version then you are probably correct. The bow was assembled incorrectly. The wide spacer is supposed to be on the right (RH bow). Although this sets the cam a little off center at least the string will run parallel with the riser. If it's shooting OK and you're getting ready for hunting I wouldn't change it now, but it's something you might change later. Little things like this may make the bow shoot even better.

SonnyThomas
October 6th, 2011, 10:41 AM
bfisher may very well be correct. Just to be sure you're not seeing things, use a carpenter's 3 to 4 foot level and lay across the limbs and eye ball. Better yet, use the carpenter's level and then use a bow string level - both bubbles should be real close.
As bfisher said, if it's shooting good, leave it until after hunting season. To back this up, many single cams are as you describe, string running at a angle, and they shoot just fine.

willride4food
October 6th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I am going to need to get it on a press after hunting season but for now I am content with how it is shooting and it paper tuning perfect but this has got me thinking about another issue I've been having. My riser seems to block about 1/3 of of the ring on my sight (truglo tru sight), like almost bottomed out to the left and it seems excessive to me. My arrow seems center and in a good straight line with my string, rest and pins. I have decent fletching clearance but it seems like if the spacer issue was resolved it may push my sight out a bit more which would make sighting a bit easier. Also wouldn't the way its set up now just be asking for cam lean top and bottom or am I wrong about that?