PDA

View Full Version : Bow Press for Hoyt Split Limbs

W.Moua
March 3rd, 2005, 10:31 AM
I am in the market for a new bow press.
Want to know what everyone use.
I was thinking about the Apple Pro Hercules Bowpress
is this a good one for the Hoyt Split Limbs...
because that is the only bow my family and friends have
and I would like a good bow press for the Hoyts...

I know the New Sure Loc is nice that it is too pricy for me...
want to stay under $300

Thank You All

JAVI
March 3rd, 2005, 10:47 AM
There are several good presses out there, if you are after the correct Apple for Hoyt Tec risers... then the model #0299 is the correct press. It is designed for the Hoyt...

I have one; but if I were working on any of the other brands I would buy the Surloc X-press... it will fit any bow well....

One of the members of AT... Walks with a Gimp...:D sells what looks like a great press also... especially for those who do not need a fixed Pro model...

hansel
March 3rd, 2005, 11:00 AM
I have a apple easy bow press, it's alright, but I'd prefer one that doesn't use a rope. But for the price, I cann't complain, I did however have to shave the rubber rollers so the limbs fit down in the bottom, I screwed up the finish on my razortec along the edges where the limbs didn't seat properly because of the slight angle the rubber had.But I don't use mine much, just put new strings on both bows, so I shouldn't be using that much.

jguad
March 3rd, 2005, 11:34 AM
I purchased a hydra press for my hoyt, however it will fit other bows. It's a well built press and the price is right Here is their web site (www.geocities.com/hydrapress/

InKYfromSD
March 3rd, 2005, 12:02 PM
I second the nomination for HydraPress. Got mine last week and it's great.

JAVI
March 3rd, 2005, 12:07 PM
Be very careful here folks... Hoyt Tec risers if not pressed correctly will bend... Hoyt is very explicit as to the correct manner; any deviation can and most likely will result in a bent riser.... :eek:

Duke12
March 3rd, 2005, 02:59 PM
Javi, is there any way to tell if a riser is bent, other than sending it back to Hoyt?

InKYfromSD
March 3rd, 2005, 03:02 PM
Be very careful here folks... Hoyt Tec risers if not pressed correctly will bend... Hoyt is very explicit as to the correct manner; any deviation can and most likely will result in a bent riser.... :eek:

The HydraPress for 'Tec risers only puts pressure on the limbs.

hansel
March 3rd, 2005, 06:24 PM
I make sure to place the straps in the same position Hoyt shows in tec. manuel.

Jorge Oliveira
March 3rd, 2005, 07:16 PM
I use a Bowmaster with split limbs adapter.

'Ike'
March 3rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
The things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmm! I'll have to check and see which one my buddy uses at his shop........

millstonesuper
March 3rd, 2005, 11:13 PM
send a pm to Toad 400. Jason makes an awesome press that will press almost every bow out there at a very reasonable cost. Just sent my m/o to him today and can't wait to get it.

Sagittarius
March 5th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Hoyt USA was going to design their own bow press to address the bent risers.
But when Sure-Loc brought their press out last year, Hoyt decided they couldn't improve on the design and recommends the Sure-Loc press for their bows.

Sag.