PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Taker question after install????

gitzitfish
March 3rd, 2005, 12:49 PM
Just installed a Trophy Taker Shakey hunter short bar on my Storm F-28E1, cam on the top limb system. It is set up perfect, comes in level with the berger hole at full draw and rest comes up at the last 1 1/2 inches of arrow. My question is when I come to full draw the cable has a heck of a bend in it towards the rest, is this a normal thing to have the v-shaped bend towards the rest?
Reason I ask is on this bow with cam on the top limb the down travel is actually the string not a cable. I threaded through the 2 bundles, burned and mushroomed and served above and below mushroom. Everything seems perfect on the setup, timing seems good, I just happened to look down at full draw and the string has a pretty noticable v-bend in towards the grip where the rope threads through. Is this normal? Does it effect accuracy at all? I haven't shot it yet, we have about 6 or 8 inches of snow and the wind is howling, so maybe tomorrow it will get shot :)

THANKS,
Clint

nccrutch
March 3rd, 2005, 01:52 PM
Oh, this is going to be fun...you might be the first to have to tie to the string. i think most of the pressure is ON the cable and OFF the string at full draw, that's why the bend. I'm not sure if it's bad though?

njshadowwalker
March 3rd, 2005, 02:59 PM
Shoot it. If it works and you get proper clearance leave it alone.

gitzitfish
March 3rd, 2005, 03:25 PM
I agree, everything looks good and it is timed correct on the draw it just has a pretty major pull on the string towards the rest. The cord on the TT is probably on a 60 degree or a little bit steeper angle at full draw and I cant tie the cord in much higher beacause of the cable slide/rod. Maybe I'll get out tomorrow, it is supposed to warm up some and the wind stop, and shoot it and see. It just bothers me the way it is pulling. I may just install the NAP drop away that replaces the cable slide.

Clint

hansel
March 3rd, 2005, 05:21 PM
If you put a NAP drop away, here's how mine is set-up:

gitzitfish
March 3rd, 2005, 11:25 PM
The NAP I have actually replaces the cable slide and is attached to it with a rubber coated cable. I looked it over more and decided not to install it.

Thought I had it figured out on the TT, I moved the cord up until it was 5/8 inch under the cable slide and reserved it in. Works pretty good now, only a small bend in the string at full draw.

BUT actually was in contact with Storm and the man that designed the E1 and he is sending me a bracket to attach to the TT that will make the TT work with the UPtravel of the buss cable on this bow. I'm interested to see how it is going to work.

Clint

Dave Nowlin
March 5th, 2005, 03:38 PM
If you will use a longer tie cord much of this problem will go away. Refer to the post at the top of the page started by Daniel Boone about how to install a Trophy Taker or any other fallaway. Then scroll down to the bottom and follow my instructions and your problem will evaporate. :)
Dave Nowlin