PDA

View Full Version : Paper tuning with fingers

extendereng
March 4th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Can a accurate paper be had while shooting fingers? I am just know setting up to shoot with fingers. I have a Cavalier Free flyte on a Hoyt Ultratec xt3000. I am getting a low right tear of about a 1" 1/2. Been messing with it but it is the best I can get. Let me know what you guys think!

blackdog
March 4th, 2005, 02:47 PM
The most important thing about papertuning w/fingers is to make sure the string is not in a s shape as it goes through your fingers a full draw. If the string runs straight it should be no problem tuning.

Jorge Oliveira
March 4th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I would try first bare shaft tuning, after it a paper tune.

I've posted a link to a bare shaft tune aticle in this forum.

ProtecMan
March 4th, 2005, 09:59 PM
On a hoyt riser (I have a Protec) center the arrow about 3/4 to 7/8" out from the riser. If your shooting low, raise the nocking point slightly, but keep the arrow centered in the berger button (threaded hole for arrow rest). Alot of it depends on how smooth a release you have. Shooting paper with fingers can be very nerve racking! :) Try bare shaft tuning like Jorge mentioned, Hollowpoint10 is another outstanding finger shooter who might be able to help you.

Good Luck!

Mark

Cheeseburger
March 4th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Dont know if you are shooting a tab or glove, but a tab usually gives a much cleaner release. I can get bullet holes with a tab but not with a glove.

Hollowpoint
March 6th, 2005, 02:13 AM
A tab will indeed give you a cleaner release.
I bare shaft (like Jorge said) through paper to get close, and then in 10yd incraments out to 50yds. When my fletched and bare shafts group together AND inpact on the same angle then it is tuned.
By "the same angle" I mean the tail end of the arrow is not lower/higher or right/left of the fletched shafts.
If you can acheive this...then your paper tear should be near perfect. That said though I think for fingers bare shaft is a far better method than paper is.
If your spine is not right on though....neither will be perfect.
A low right tear would indicate you are either too stiff (tail right) or nocking point is too low (tail low tear) and or too far out on the center shot (right tear).......try shooting a bare shaft into a stiff bail at 10yds, followed by a fletched one, and note the different angles they are on.....this should tell you wich way to move your nock point or center shot....they should be on the same angles.
Good luck with it, if you have any trouble shoot me a PM. :)