PDA

View Full Version : REAL high nock point

RnRLobsta
March 4th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I decided to shoot my 04 bowtech patriot indoor this year.I took my whisk biscuit off put on a trophy ridge drop zone on bought a dozen gold tip pro x cutters.Tried to paper tune it had a bottom tear about 2 inches long. i moved the nock up and it shoots bullet holes through paper.I shoot with a d loop and a nock above the lower knot.it shoots great but the arrow at full draw looks like it is heading down hill hard and just does not look right.Anyone experince this or have any input?????????

nccrutch
March 4th, 2005, 08:58 PM
I had a Stalker ans my son has a Stalker Lite, they both looked way high in the back, but shot bullet holes. I also had a Patriot that needed to be a little high as well. I now have a Hoyt that looks tail-LOW, so go figure...

hansel
March 4th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I had a PSE bow that shot like that,the arrow looked like it was going to hit the floor instead of the target. I don't have that bow anymore, I've switched over to Hoyt's, and not a problem like that, nock postion is level, and shoots bullet holes.

1iarrowking
March 5th, 2005, 09:28 AM
;) A lot of solo cams like a high nock piont, but I would have tried making the rest drop faster first.

5x
March 5th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Chec the tiller. A smaller measurement on the top limb tiller will move your nock point up. Even out the tiller and it should move back down but it will change the shelf angle and the grip angle.

jjc155
March 7th, 2005, 05:12 PM
My PSE with a drop zone is like that. Nock is something like 1/4 to 3/8 above level. Looks funny but shoots fine.

J-

Jorge Oliveira
March 7th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I shoot fingers and my ProTec LX has the nocking point almost 1/2" above level...

But it shoots fine.

Sean McKenty
March 7th, 2005, 09:50 PM
tie a nock under the arrow and shoot it again, if it is still high its either your timming tiller or arrow spine or support arm is to soft, if it decreases the tear your arrow is sliding down the string on the shot.

oggie2635
March 11th, 2005, 03:39 AM
there is nothing wrong with your bow. bowtecs have a downward noc travel.
so as you draw the noc goes from level to high, and as you shot it goes from high to level. all of the infinity cams are like that.

nccrutch
March 11th, 2005, 07:32 AM
I paper-tuned my sons bow last night. He has an '03 Stalker Lite, 25" @ 50# with the rascal cam. I got consistent bullet holes and, yes, the arrow is probably 3/8 to 1/2 inch high in the back.

I have an '04 Liberty on the way. Does anyone know how it will need to be set? I'll be a newbie to the Freedom cam. I will be using a Drop Zone rest. :rolleyes:

jonnybow
March 11th, 2005, 08:22 AM
I don't use a drop away rest on the Liberty but a WB and my nocking point is 1/8" high for perfect bullet holes and great arrow flight. Start there and see what you get.

Jon

low12
March 11th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Just bought a 2003 BowTech Pro 40 Infinity cam as a backup bow. Have been trying to paper tune it and the only way to get a bullet hole is to nock it 1/4 to 5/16 above level. The center shot is 13/16 off the riser. Looks funny nocked this high, but shoots good. I guess my Q2XL has me spoiled.

Jim