PDA

View Full Version : New Yorkers

Mryan2176
October 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Any of you guys score this morning. Didn't see a thing except a few squirrels. These 25 MPH winds and rain ruined my day. Not even going out tonight. Any one shoot one?

omenshooter10
October 15th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Got in the stand early this morning when the winds were not too bad and rain was only a sprinkle now and then. Kicked up to coyotes on the way in. Sat till 11 and my brother texted me and said he was cold and wanted out. It is only his second year in a deer stand and he does not have cold weather gear. I worked my way back to him and never seen that there was two deer in the field in front of him. Sat at the edge of the field for 15 to 20 minutes and no response to my texts so i walked towards his stand and i cought a glimpse of him standing up with the bow in his hand so i stopped and kneeled at the field edge. Waited for a while and he motioned me over. Guess the two deer a small 4-6 pointer and a doe walked out of the field and walked 20 yards behind him in the thick cover where he did not get a shot off but was ready if the situation presented itself. After we got out of the woods he told me the whole story and said he wished he stuck it out just a little while longer. Got to get him some cold weather gear. He has to work till monday morning so his stand will be empty till then. I could sit there but i have taken many deer and he picked his spot, so i will leave it be till then.

Anyways here is a couple pics from my stand:
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/cjchopz/IMAG0686.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/cjchopz/IMAG0685.jpg

Not going back out tonight as the wind has picked up and so has the rain. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

nystangkid
October 15th, 2011, 05:45 PM
the dirt bikes ruined my hunt

Assault
October 15th, 2011, 07:38 PM
the dirt bikes ruined my hunt
I have been hunting once and had some deer about 50 yards away when a bunch of 4 wheelers went flying in-between me and the deer, but the deer never moved a bit and went about their business! From that day on I never let wheelers bother me while hunting.

hookedonbow
October 15th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Saw a doe with 2 fawns , no where near me and passed on a small 5 pt..

K9-26
October 15th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Not A Thing.....Crap weather