PDA

View Full Version : Third Axis Adjustment on the Copper Johns ANTS

Deezlin
March 5th, 2005, 09:41 PM
I wish they would have given better instruction with their sight. I have the old style ANTS. I am still learn things about it. I just found out that the spherical nut and washer has a purpose. How is the best way to make this adjust this adjustment?

The Buck
March 5th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Deezlin
Better instruction with their sight :eek: . I think there looking for someone to come up with some, so If you find an easy way please E-mail it to them :p

No I here ya it is a pain to get it where you want it.
I went back to Sure Loc.
I seen two of them get out of Adj on a 3-d shoot's.
It it was like forever to get them back.
NOT FOR ME Sorry I think Its a great sight just to much to mess with

Kelsnore
March 5th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I wish they would have given better instruction with their sight. I have the old style ANTS. I am still learn things about it. I just found out that the spherical nut and washer has a purpose. How is the best way to make this adjust this adjustment?

The 3rd axis on this sight is a bugger sometimes. Man, this is going to be hard to explain. The round bushing (? Teminology) allows you to move your scope front/back, up/down to level ( which should be done on the frame 1st ), and rotate your scope. (lame explanation). I thinks the third axis is most important if you're shooting a thru the lens fiber optic as it allow you to see only a dot for the entire length of the fiber optic. If you are shooting an up pin, level the frame, adjust 3rd axis so pin faces you square, then zero the scopes level with the bow. A blurry description I know, but I tried! She really is a stellar performer though! :) :o

CA Bowhunter
March 7th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Go to www.archerytech.com and they can explain it better. Blake

jguad
March 7th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Go to www.archerytech.com and they can explain it better. Blake

Blake, Unless Iam doing something wrong, I cannot get into the web site

Deezlin
March 7th, 2005, 08:35 PM
This is the best idea I could come up with. I am using a machinist level which is accurate to about 1/2 degree. If I could have determined how to have done it, I would have been mounted thee sight on the bow under full draw and this would have corrected for any twisting of the riser. But, not have the means I did this. It did reveal that the 3rd axis was off.

First, I clamped the sight to the edge of a table and then I took a reading with the level from the back of the extension bar. (see pic1)

Second, I took a reading on the back of the scope perpendicular to the extension bar and made adjustments to the 3rd axis until it matched the first. (see pic2)

Third, I took a reading on the edge of the extension bar. (see pic3)

Forth, I took a reading on the scope perpendicular to the third reading with the sight indicator set at 16 yards and the adjusted the tilt of the scope to match the third reading. (see pic4)

I found with the third axis screw snug, this was very easily done and check these readings a couple of times while I was going through the securing process.

Once the weather permits, I am going to go out and shoot some vertical lines on up and down hill targets to see if this axis is set properly.

Oldpro
March 9th, 2005, 12:15 AM
I am really sorry! For some reason I don't understyand as your my site www.archerytech.com is toast. I will try to get it fixed tomorrow.

You can't know how sorry I am about that. :mad:

MOBUCK
March 9th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Hope it works :confused:

http://www.archerytech.com/Leveling%20Inst.htm

Oldpro
March 11th, 2005, 12:17 AM
I have been beating my head against the wall and you found my instruction page. Thanks! :D

runawaysXs
March 12th, 2005, 11:45 AM
thank you old pro

------------- runawaysXs

MOBUCK
March 12th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I have been beating my head against the wall and you found my instruction page. Thanks! :D

Gene, I just happen to have that exact page saved on my Computor :) :D ;)

Oldpro
March 12th, 2005, 11:00 PM
That means that my web site is still out there in cyberspace. It started with my web site down and now it had grown to my whole computer drive. The only way I am communicating is by putting an old drive back in my computer.

It is kind of like a bad steak. The more you chew the bigger the bite gets! :D

Then I am getting all these responses on the 4th axis post and can't answer them as fast as I would like.

Oh well, I guess it will all come around sooner or later. The bad news is that my drawings for the 4th axis are on my other drive and I can't access them.

Woe is me!

I think I will curl up with a half rack myself. :o