PDA

View Full Version : switch peep

deerhntr75
March 6th, 2005, 09:39 AM
anyone else having problems w/their peeps on their switchbacks not opening up? i have to pull my bow back w/out and arrow about every 8 shots to get the peep lined up again. im using a d loop also. Ever since i have bought it, it has been doing this. SHould i take it back to get a new string. I paid way too much for this thing not to work right if you know what i mean. any help would be appreciated...thanks

brian

and if i get aftermarket strings....should i go w/ GAS or Winners CHoice?

blue thunder
March 6th, 2005, 09:48 AM
No problem here..After about 150 arrows I had to adjust it once and it has been fine since then.

archer2
March 6th, 2005, 11:20 AM
What color is the serving on your string? They had a bad batch of strings get out early in production. I had a bad string, and my peep was all over the place. Mathews replaced it, and the new string has been great. The bad strings had a bright blue serving on them.

deerhntr75
March 6th, 2005, 11:51 AM
i believe its the black serving...not sure b/c its upstairs...ill have to go look

deerhntr75
March 6th, 2005, 07:08 PM
i checked the serving...it has the blue serving...is that bad??

what color is the good serving since the bad batch??

Lone Eagle
March 6th, 2005, 07:14 PM
I also have the blue serving and my peep site moves all the time, it very frustrating. :mad:

deerhntr75
March 6th, 2005, 07:23 PM
have you taken it back? whats the deal... i paid 670 for this...i want it right... i will be going back this week...ive had it a couple and i figured it would work itself out after so many shots...still hasnt..

im frustrated toooooo

njshadowwalker
March 6th, 2005, 07:26 PM
anyone else having problems w/their peeps on their switchbacks not opening up? i have to pull my bow back w/out and arrow about every 8 shots to get the peep lined up again. im using a d loop also. Ever since i have bought it, it has been doing this. SHould i take it back to get a new string. I paid way too much for this thing not to work right if you know what i mean. any help would be appreciated...thanks

brian

and if i get aftermarket strings....should i go w/ GAS or Winners CHoice?

Is the bow broken in yet? If not the peep will rotate as the string/cables stretch.

Have you considred using a "no peep" or even a differnt kind of peep? Changing strings is not the answer. The bow has a good string on it already.

deerhntr75
March 6th, 2005, 07:52 PM
ive shot it probably 120 shots so far..... and every 5-8 shots the peep is way off. every time...no matter what.... i have used these type peeps for years...never ever had a problem w/them until now...

a different string could be the answer....

njshadowwalker
March 6th, 2005, 07:56 PM
ive shot it probably 120 shots so far..... and every 5-8 shots the peep is way off. every time...no matter what.... i have used these type peeps for years...never ever had a problem w/them until now...

a different string could be the answer....

What type of peep is it? Are you using the rubber tubing? Alot of guys i see at the range with peep trouble either use the tubing or dont have the peep tied in tight enough? Not saying your wrong man. Just making some suggestions before ya give up on the string.

tmarch
March 6th, 2005, 07:57 PM
It takes 150-200 shots to get most strings settled in, then once it's set it will stay. Give it a chance to get settled then take it in and have the string twisted or untwisted and it should stay.

Kelsnore
March 6th, 2005, 08:12 PM
I've got the same problem with the Vapor Trail right now. Just shoot that bow for awhile and it will settle down. Any production string is going to have discrepancies now and then. We sell the Z strings and one in three will torque your nuts sideways. It really is a pain when your peep won't align. I'm also shooting an AR, same thing, different bow! However the bow rocks!

njshadowwalker
March 6th, 2005, 08:23 PM
I've got the same problem with the Vapor Trail right now. Just shoot that bow for awhile and it will settle down. Any production string is going to have discrepancies now and then. We sell the Z strings and one in three will torque your nuts sideways. It really is a pain when your peep won't align. I'm also shooting an AR, same thing, different bow! However the bow rocks!

EXACTLY

It happens. It may take 4 or 5 strings to correct it. Or just live with it. Or just get a no peep and it will work regardless of string.

blue thunder
March 6th, 2005, 08:44 PM
The serving on mine is black if it makes any difference.

Spotshooter2
March 6th, 2005, 10:11 PM
I know it sucks but get a Winners Choice string and cable and you wont have to worry about peep rotation. On my two mathews I had the Tiger twist strings on them and had good luck with them but their cables sucked, never quit stretching. I have started using Winners Choice now and when you put them on it says to shoot your bow about 30 times before you even put the peep in . I did this and it has been good ever since and I have shot it for about 10 months now and still no peep rotation.

Kelsnore
March 6th, 2005, 10:50 PM
I will back you up on the WC string. The cost is unjustified.

archer2
March 7th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I was told by Mathews that they had some bad strings get out on the first run of bows. I had one of the those bad strings. My peep was all over the place, and I was told that the bad strings had a bright blue serving on them. My new string that was sent by Mathews had a black serving, and is working great. No movement or stretch what so ever. I was at the end of my rope until I emailed Mathews. If you have a bright blue serving, I would email Mathews. They have admitted there was an issue, so you havent any trouble getting it replaced.

cuttingedge
March 8th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Mine moved some. I agree, til you wring it out it will stretch and move. If you really want to eliminate the problem, I recommend a Vapor Trail Zero Stretch string. They have a fine product you should get lots of shooting out of.

r2t2
March 8th, 2005, 10:35 PM
A lot of folks have been pointing a finger at the serving as the problem but don't overlook the loop material. I recently started usiing some of the stiffer loop material and found that it would not tighten down on the serving as well and I was not getting the loop to stabilize. I put on some of my softer and slightly smaller diameter material and solved the problem.

R Turk

Chinchgub
March 9th, 2005, 09:31 AM
What kind of peep is it, a "2-strand"?

If it is, get a Shurz-a-peep... Had one for years on two different bows. Didn't even notice if the string was twisting...

I don't know why people even try to use those "2-strand" peeps without tubing. You're just asking for a heartbreak out in the woods when a wallhanger comes in and your peep is "twisted".

Hawk_Eye
March 10th, 2005, 12:04 PM
If You Have A String D-loop. Try Twisting It Around The String In The Direction That The Peep Is Twisted In. This Will Keep It Comming Around Straight For You Until The String Settles In. I Would Also Email Mathews And See Whats Going On About The Strings. Hopefully I Could Help.

buckfeverben
March 10th, 2005, 12:34 PM
String quality has been a deciding factor in my choice of bows over the past 2 years. Mathews makes a fine bow, but I don't understand for the life of me why they are using such an inferior string compared to others on the market. Who wants to pay 700 for a new bow and have to put another 100 into it for a good quality set of cables and new string?