PDA

View Full Version : Rest for Switchback

wapiti101
March 6th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I've been looking at the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Guide. I won a bid for a Slightly used (30 shots) Switchback on E-bay. I was wondering if any of you have used this rest, and what you thought of it. Any other good choices of a rest for this bow that you would recommend? I've been shooting a York CNC for the past 20 years,so this will be a big change for me. Thanks for your input,
Dan

deerhntr75
March 6th, 2005, 07:24 PM
i have a nap 2000 fall away on my switch...love it...bullet holes

have a trophy taker shakey hunter on my outback....bullet holes

i would recommend either of those two...very good rests...

blue thunder
March 6th, 2005, 07:43 PM
I shoot a ripcord on my switchback..It seems to be doing the job fine,but in my heart I still think the trophy taker shaky hunter is probably the best rest I ever used.

archer2
March 6th, 2005, 07:54 PM
I have a Muzzy rest on my Switchback, and it performs great. I have had a Muzzy on my last 3 bows with great results.

njshadowwalker
March 6th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Bodoodle game dropper or pro 500. Cant go wrong with either.

Archie
March 6th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I use a rip cord, shooting bullet holes

wapiti101
March 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks for all the feedback on other rests, but has anyone used the T.R. Drop Zone? Thanks again,
Dan (newbie today)

Cornfed
March 6th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Several of my friends as well as myself have installed TR DZs on Switchbacks and they work awesome! We've tried all 3 models, my personal fav is the TR DZ Hunter series, an excellent no bs rest that works flawlessly regardless of weather and shooting conditions. You'll love it. :cool:

grumps
March 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Drop Zone would be a good choice but having used both the guide series and the regular. I wouldn't pay the extra for the guide series. Once it is set, how much diddling do you intend to do on the arrow rest, so your paying for micro adjustments that you don't need.. If your dead set on a drop away though, don't just look at the TR. I and a few others all had (HAD) them at one time. And most of us have switched to a Trophy Taker or GKF TKO. We really like the TKO. Good Luck.

Cornfed
March 7th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Grumps, serious question??? Why in the world would anybody go from a DZ or a TT to a TKO??? I personally haven't ever seen anyone take a step back with a fallaway like that?? What benefit could you be possibly be getting?? Just doesn't make sense once you've owned the best rests in the industry to dowgrade to a cheaper product??? :confused:

Kman
March 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Drop Zone would be a great choice. Mine works perfectly. No matter the weather condition!!

BoneCollector
March 7th, 2005, 10:12 PM
id buy a new bow befor i worry about a rest ....... :D ..........mathews ...very overrated

Daniel Boone
March 8th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Shoots well. I like my Trophy Taker on mine. Keep it simple ;)

cuttingedge
March 8th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I have drop zones on 2 of my bows now. What I like is they are pretty easy to install and user friendly when it comes to adjustments. If installed correctly, they are rock-solid reliable!

ssssssnake
March 8th, 2005, 11:16 PM
I have a Drop Zone on my Switch and it works first time every time. Never had a problem and super easy to tune with. I just bought another one for my Outback. I have used several drop rests and have had good luck with all of them. Never used the Muzzy designed for Mathews.

Good luck

SSSSSSSSSSSSnake and the day of rests

wapiti101
March 9th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for everyones replys. Trophy Taker it is!
Dan

sstewart
March 9th, 2005, 07:37 PM
The best in my opinion is the trophy Ridge Drop Zone. Very little to go wrong and simple to set. It also has more capture than the trophy taker.

blue thunder
March 9th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I got a hands on look at a schaffer rest last night. It was a lot more impressive in real life than just hearing about it.Very smooth and contains the arrow quit well before the draw.They make a model called the mat-1 for the mathews.Worth looking into..

hoove
March 11th, 2005, 01:33 AM
I have the Drop Zone and its working fine, wish I would have taken a closer look at the Mathews Drop away rest. Looks pretty simple & solid.